• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Litigation claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litigation claim

A public body refuses to accept my complaint, staff committed civil offences against me, no apologies made, and wont debate their 'sins'. I was then critical of the staff and used mockery and sarcasm, but with no swearing, incitement, discrimination, etc. They claim such criticism - all of it true actually - caused them distress and yet they cant even point out which part, cant provide a date.
    If this is so then the critics of sports teams, plays, books, and politicians, teachers of pupils would also be sent to coventry and avoided, their jobs deemed illegal. How can criticism of public employees be illegal, yet on the street, in reality, it is just normal banter? To me it's staff rights, self-entitlement gone mad.
    A customer has freedom to express himself , as long as it is within the law, I believe. They also made up a rule to stop me phoning to ask for service, but again wont cite any behavior by me which broke their phone communication rules. Discrimination, inequality? They claim to be inclusive, uphold 'equity' & be progressive. Then why not include the customer? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Endleigh; 11th January 2024, 18:55:PM.
    Tags: None

Have you used the body's complaint procedure?

You refer in the headline to litigation. Where does this come in?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks, I meant to expand on subject line. Litigation since they make up rules on the hoof, wont admit their failure...i was going to add.
      They wont accept my complaint, nor allow me to use their complaint procedure - they state I wrote it aggressively (criticism of staff & failures .. this a is valid way of writing. I supported my words with evidence. Not sure how they would cope with Glasgow dockworkers!).
      The main cause is the Snr Management imo; catering to staff whims but not the customer. I don't want to list complaint on an open forum
      Last edited by Endleigh; 15th January 2024, 18:16:PM.

Comment

• This topic by TolanaAudery has been deleted by EXC

Your situation raises concerning points about public service accountability and the handling of complaints. While freedom of expression is crucial, even towards public servants, resorting to mockery or sarcasm could fall under harassment depending on the severity and context.

Here are some suggestions:
        • Consider filing a formal complaint with an independent body, such as an ombudsman or oversight agency. They can review your case objectively and ensure a fair process.
        • Seek legal advice to understand your options and potential recourse.
        • If open to it, attempt mediation with the public body to discuss your concerns and find a mutually acceptable resolution.

Remember, maintaining respectful communication, even amidst frustration, is essential. While the staff's response might seem excessive, resorting to similar tactics can muddy the waters and hinder achieving a positive outcome. Focus on facts and avoid inflammatory language to ensure your concerns are heard.
      • This topic by TahuluLimia has been deleted by EXC

It's infuriating! I filed a complaint about staff misconduct (no apology!), but they refused, claiming my truthful criticism (delivered with some sarcasm, sure, but nothing offensive) caused them distress. If criticism of public servants gets you ostracized, then sports fans, theatre reviewers, everyone - even students critiquing teachers - would be in trouble. Public employees shouldn't be immune to feedback. This "can't handle criticism" approach feels like unchecked self-importance. Customers deserve a voice, and their rules to silence concerns seem arbitrary. Their claims of inclusivity ring hollow when they exclude the very people they're supposed to serve. They need a reality check!

TahuluLimia Have you had a strikingly similar experience to the the OP or are you merely reworking their posts for reasons unknown?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X