• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PreAction claim against breach of utility contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PreAction claim against breach of utility contract

I signed up to a contract to switch utility companies for my business for gas and electric about 4 years ago. It was a letter of authourity I signed. The switch did not go ahead as I was locked in at the time, so I did not do anything and forgot about the agreement I signed.

As I forgot about the agreement I renewed with my existing provider.

Recently a company called PreAction acting on behalf of the utilty company are asking me for money for breach of contract and I am liable for all losses under the customer obilgation in the T&Cs.

I have spoken to friends and family and was advised to just ignore it, but after numerous calls and emails... This is not good for my mental health and I need to give them a response by end of day today or they are taking me to court. They have already added 8% interest onto my debt...

Please can anyone help?
    Tags: None

What does the contract say about switching and cancelling etc? Do you have a copy of it?

Comment

Have you asked them to identify the contract provisions they are referring to and to explain in what way you are thought to be in breach of contract?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

islandgirl thanks fornyour response, I signed a letter of authourity and have a copy, it states that the agreement is is valid until withdrawn by any person with the authourity to do so with me name T/A the partnership company.

Comment

atticus thanks they have highlighted the breach in the T&Cs. I am concerned if I call them they will use technical language and get me into a corner.

Comment

Please just ignore this company, Preaction Ltd are being used as debt collectors for FRP the Insolvency Practitioners, it is a scam, You will find that the Letter of Authority that you signed does not have the Terms and Conditions within it, However Preaction will tell you the T&C's and point you to a website that has the full terms and condition.
            These are unenforceable as there is no reference to the website on the LOA, as required by law.
            Go to facebook and join the group "Flowers of the rainbow" where you will find hundreds of people who have suffered these morons.
            I have posted several articles giving the information where preaction are flouting the law.
            Just ignore them they will sent you court claim forms not signed nor processed through the court system. Block their email address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X