• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I make a claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I make a claim?

    Me and my partner was in the process of purchasing a house last year. We found a mortgage adviser which we had to pay a fee of 495 for. He mentioned that we got buyers protection with him. He didn't give us any leaflet explaining this he just told us that we was covered if the purchase of the house fell through and got us to sign a document for it. Our sale fell through which meant our purchase fell through. I phoned the mortgage adviser to make a claim he told us not to make a claim and wait to see if we could pick up the purchase at a later date. We did eventually manage to sell our house and go to purchase the same property. Then our sale fell through again and so did our purchase. We again went to make a claim and he told us again to wait a few weeks and see what happens.

    We waited and nothing happened so I emailed our adviser and asked him to make a claim. He called me up and said he had our signed documents in front of him and they are dated December so we had ran out of time to claim. I went home and checked our documents and we signed them in March meaning we could still claim.

    I contacted the company our adviser worked for and filled a complaint about our adviser. Our adviser then took our property off the market with the estatestate agents. The company he worworks for came back and said they was sorry for the mistakes but wasn't going to refund me the 495 we paid them.

    I then requested all the documents they had regarding our mortgage it then came to light that other documents which should be supplied to us we never received.

    I sent this off to the ombudsman and their response was that they could only go on written evidence and as we had been instructed through phone calls and meetings they could not do anything. They also said that the paperwork we should have received was a FCA regulation and they couldn't help with that either.

    I'm now looking into making a claim at the small claims court but I'm not sure if I have any chance of winning or how to go about it.

    A long post I know but could anyone help? Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.


If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X