• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help completing N181

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help completing N181

Hi there

I'm struggling with elements of this form. Sorry if I sound a bit dull here but this is all new to me. I'll put my specific queries here:
    1. What do they mean by "serve copies on all other parties"
    2. QA1. Should you always ask for a one month stay - especially when there is no workable communication with the claimant
    3. QB1. Should you always ask for a hearing near you. How do you know if the claim ahs been issued in a High Court.
    4. QB2. What is a valid reason for asking for it to be heard in a court near you.
    5. QC1. What are pre-action protocols.
    6. QD1. What are applications.
    7. QD2. How do you know which track to allocate it to.
    8. QD3. How do you know it's been agreed by the other party.
    9. QD7. How do you reach agreement about electronic documents questionnaire in practice direction 31B.
    10. QD8. How do you answer this if there is no agreement.
    11. QD9.How do you complete directions for disclosure of non-electronic documents.
    12. QD10. How do you file and serve a disclosure report form (N263). Who do you serve it to.
    13. QD11. Would this be a no as there is no workable communication with the claimant.
    14. QF1. Is it wise to only name myself.
    15. G1. How long should you estimate for a trial or hearing.
    16. What accompanying forms go with the N181 and who do I send it to.

Any help, very gratefully received.
    Tags: None

It appears that the court is not thinking of allocating your case to the Small Claims Track. This suggests that the claim exceeds £10,000.

Your questions show that you are a complete innocent abroad. You have managed to get this far without knowing what pre action protocols are.

Someone else may come along who has the time and patience to answer all 18 questions. But in the meantime, you should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person - link in my signature block below.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Guidance here, the form is straightforward, but needs to filled in correctly.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...uestionnaire//

Ask questions if you've read through and don't understand something.

Comment

There are useful guidance notes on how to fill out N181 at http://www.helix-law.co.uk/how-to-fi...-questionnaire

The notes will answer most of your questions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X