• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help with CCJ Defence wording- Lantern-Onstride- Debt already paid off in DMP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with CCJ Defence wording- Lantern-Onstride- Debt already paid off in DMP

Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could help with any wording that may help me defend my claim, made against me by Lantern, for a previous loan from Onstride, who are now in administration. The main points are as follows-

1. I believe I do not owe the money (£225+ potential court fees). My original loan balance of £1200 was included in my DMP in May 2019. As part of the DMP I gave permission for stepchange to contact creditors, who would then confirm the amount owed. Therefore Onstride confirmed the overall balance at the start of the DMP.

2. The DMP was paid off in 2021 and the debt to Onstride was cleared. Step change confirmed all payments and £0 remaining.

3. The debt is likely to be part of a successful unaffordability claim, although I will not hear until after the court date.

4. Onstride are now in administration and I am unable to dispute the '£225' with them. I suspect that Lantern brought the debt as a bulk buy, and may not be able to produce a deed of assignment.

5. I have asked Lantern for CCA, but they did not provide an original document, just a chart of payments made and the alleged £225 owing at the end, on Lantern letter headed paper. I do not think this constitutes a likeness to the original CCA?

6. Moriaty Law have been contacting me, in what seemed like 'phishing' emails and texts...no information, account number, stating what it is in relation to etc..., just a 'Personal matter'. I ignored these until now as I hadn't realised what it was in relation to; I do not feel that Lantern/Moriaty Law have given me the correct paperwork.

Could anyone advise please? I can pay off the CCJ within the 30 days if I am issued one, but I really don't believe I owe this company.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X