• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on County Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on County Court Letter

Hi there,

I had a car agreement with Advantage Finance maybe 18mths ago and voluntary returned the car after 6mths as the car wasn’t fit for purpose.
    Car was sold at auction and left with a debt of around 9.5k.
    I had a payment plan set up with them for £80.

Pandamic hit and I fell behind on this so they sent me a warning letter saying please fill in expenditure form look at how we can stop the payment going to court.

I completed this form. The company then wrote back saying they would accept £100 and enclosed a direct debit form for me to complete. 25th March letter was dated

I completed the form and posted back 3-4 days later. I didn’t do this via recorded but looks like I should have.

On the 8th April they called me I was at work and asked if they could call back. No call recieved.

On the 10th April I suffered a miscarriage so have been in and out of hospital.

Yesterday 16th April I recieved a county court letter against the case.

I rang advantage to say why had I recieved this when I had done everything that was asked of me before they would get to this stage. They told me they hadn’t recieved the DD form for the payment plan and I hadn’t called back. The woman implied I hadn’t posted the DD when I had.

I find this really distressing I explained I’ve lost a baby and quite frankly they could care less!

where do I go with this? Can they enter a judgement against me?

Tags: None

Celestine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X