• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pre 2007 credit agreenents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 2007 credit agreenents

Hi

I have read with interest on your site that credit agreements entered into before 2007 may be unenforceable if the lender cannot provide a copy of the original agreement.
    Therefore, is a lender able to record a default on a persons credit file, under a credit agreement which commenced say in 2005, when they have subsequently admitted in writing that they cannot find the original signed agreement / copy.

Basically I have recently only found out that a default was entered on my credit file in 2015, for a loan that started 10 years earlier. I actually settled the balance about the sane time as they put a default on my file!

I have asked them for a copy of my original signed agreement, and since the debt was sold on twice, from the original Egg loan, they say they haven't got a copy and basically told me to have a nice life, with my default until 2021.

Do I have a case in asking them to remove the default on the grounds that this was always an unenforceable contract that they purchased and therefore had no right to default my credit file?
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X