• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors

Morning ,

Hoping someone can advise me please, back in 2009 I handed my vehicle back to black horse the vehicle went for auction leaving a debt still for approx 2500 , at the time I was told if i handed keys back that would be the end of things. After the auction I got a letter for outstanding debt , I cannot remember who from or even what year , restons solicitors then took over the debt, I have since paid 1400 to them I pay 102.95 per month and have done for over a year with no defaults - yesterday I received a rather threatening letter from Restons saying - fill in a I and E form as they have been instructed to review payment plan ( I have 10 payments left to pay then it's all paid) - should I fail to fill this in before 131017 it may result in payment plan being cancelled!!! And for Restons to instruct there client re further recovery options / law enforcement options ?? There is also an option for paying settlement figure ?? I can't afford to pay a settlement figure and I dont want to fill in an I and E !! Do I have to fill in a I and E ?? Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Restons Solicitors

Originally posted by Roby View Post
    Morning ,

Hoping someone can advise me please, back in 2009 I handed my vehicle back to black horse the vehicle went for auction leaving a debt still for approx 2500 , at the time I was told if i handed keys back that would be the end of things. After the auction I got a letter for outstanding debt , I cannot remember who from or even what year , restons solicitors then took over the debt, I have since paid 1400 to them I pay 102.95 per month and have done for over a year with no defaults - yesterday I received a rather threatening letter from Restons saying - fill in a I and E form as they have been instructed to review payment plan ( I have 10 payments left to pay then it's all paid) - should I fail to fill this in before 131017 it may result in payment plan being cancelled!!! And for Restons to instruct there client re further recovery options / law enforcement options ?? There is also an option for paying settlement figure ?? I can't afford to pay a settlement figure and I dont want to fill in an I and E !! Do I have to fill in a I and E ?? Thanks in advance
    Good morning, welcome to LB,

Who are Restons representing the original creditor or a debt purchase company?

You are not obliged to send the I & E form, but it may lead the current owner of the debt to start proceedings.

nem

Comment

Thankyou for reply it Says original debtor Black Horse LTD I'm just running through I and E and it's exactly what I thought I cannot afford to pay anymore anyway which is obviously what they are after - I dont have any equity either so I can't really see what point they are trying to prove - again thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Roby View Post
        Thankyou for reply it Says original debtor Black Horse LTD I'm just running through I and E and it's exactly what I thought I cannot afford to pay anymore anyway which is obviously what they are after - I dont have any equity either so I can't really see what point they are trying to prove - again thanks for the reply

Hi,

"Original Creditor" Makes me think the debt has been sold on.

My feeling is to complete the I & E the old adage " you can't get blood out of a stone" applies.

nem

Comment

Thankyou very much I have completed the form they should not be harassing me anyway i would understand if i had defaulted - and your right there is nothing left in the purse to give - I appreciate your advice thankyou for taking the time to reply -

Comment

[QUOTE=Roby;755944]Thankyou very much I have completed the form they should not be harassing me anyway i would understand if i had defaulted - and your right there is nothing left in the purse to give - I appreciate your advice thankyou for taking the time to reply -[/Q UOTE]

Happy to help [MENTION=107831]Roby[/MENTION]!

I would like to be sure that Restons are representing Black Horse or a debt purchaser please.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X