• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Train 4 Trade Skills Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train 4 Trade Skills Scam

Hello all !

Back in 2012 I was visited by a Train4Trade Skills ("t4ts") "course advisor".  After an aptitude test i was "lucky" enough (young and naive lol) to be allowed to sign on to a Full Scope Electrical Installer Course. I was told by the course advisor or should we say, salesman, that i could start the course when i liked and study at my own pace / take as long as i liked to complete the course.

24/02/2012 - I signed a 42 month credit agreement for £5770. Anyone familiar with t4ts will know where this goes next.....

24/05/2016 - I never took anything from them at all in way of services until I finally got the time to start the course and i contacted them in May 2016 to enrol on the course. I had a letter back saying that my 36 month expiry period had ended on 24th February 2015 and that their obligations were at an end.

03/10/2017 - After following the company complaints procedure I was told that there was nothing they were willing to do and that was their "final position on the matter"

Has anyone had similar experiences and can tell me how they got on with action against them? Any & all guidance greatly received

Thanks
    Sam
    Tags: None

Re: Train 4 Trade Skills Scam

Aptitude test lol.

4 years between signing up and starting the course is quite extreme... but you were mislead into believing you could start when you wanted to and their contracts are not clear on the start point and 3 year time limit - Up to that point had you received any materials / log ins for the online tutorials etc ?

Did you make all the payments ?

Do you have a copy of that credit agreement ? Who was it with ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I know but I explicitly stated that I would not be starting right away and confirmed the start when you want / take as long as you want line as I had my first child on the way and just wanted to start paying the course off before the monies were redirected elsewhere on nappies and the like

I received a welcome case but never logged in or contacted any tutors etc

All payments made. Course paid in full

I have the credit agreement. Its with Career Developmemt Finance Limited - a company also registered in Luton on the same road as t4ts (a subsidiary i believe)

Comment

There is currently a case in court, hearing I believe is next Wednesday, for a refund of fees paid for one of these courses so keeping an eye on that. ( It's for the course provided changing half way through without notice and for the 3 year time period being extended etc )

You will be wanting to obtain a refund on the monies paid I presume as opposed to being allowed to proceed with the course ?

CDF are no longer allowed to enter into credit agreements, only to collect debts on those entered into before June 2014 ( doesn't really help other than to show the FCA could see they weren't fit and proper)

Will need to go through all your documents and look for any mention of the 3 year / 36 month period for completing the course, and any mention of a start date, then argue that those terms are unclear/misleading and the course time limites were misrepresented to you and as such you have been barred from undertaking the course that you have paid for.
        Did they contact you at all between sign up and when you tried to enrol ?

What was the process for enrolment ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ah excellent. Fingers crossed for that, please do keep me posted!

Yes, a full refund is the desired outcome.

Yes, that's promising the FCA going against CDF

No contact between sign up and when i tried to enrol. This is their clause 15 on length of course :

"The length of our study programmes differ from course to course, the exact duration will be listed in your course curriculum. Your course will be considered complete at the end of the specified duration or once you have completed all modules, whichever comes first. Students whom we consider have shown good progress during their course may apply in writing for an extension to this time period, although any extension would be at our discretion. A charge may be made for this service"

Processs for enrolment not clear but I understood it to be when I contacted the tutor as they say this on their welcome letter :

"Please make sure that you telephone or webmail your tutor team as soon as you receive this letter, in order to introduce yourself and to let your tutors know when you are ready to commence your course"

Comment

Hello all !

what happened to Sam,is exactly like my self & i do believe is much more in same circumstances

Comment

Me too! has anyone won against this company?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X