• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Viagogo ticket purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viagogo ticket purchase

Hi,

I went on the Viagogo website to purchase tickets for a concert in March. I had almost finished the purchase when I realised that the price they had quoted was each and not for all four tickets as I had though. The price was extortionate so I pressed the cancel button.

After I had cancelled I got a pop up window asking me why I had cancelled and I answered that the price was too expensive. I thought that was finished and I purchased the tickets from another seller - at a quarter of the price.

I then received an email from Viagogo saying I had purchased the tickets and the money came out of my account. I immediately complained but I've been told I cannot have a refund.

Is there any legal action I can take? The tickets were nearly £500.

I cannot find any way of contacting them other than by email. So if anyone knows a valid phone number for complaints that would be great - all the ones on the internet no longer work.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Viagogo ticket purchase

Hi and welcome
    There might be other steps to take but it was I. I would be in immediate contact with my bank to try and cancel the transaction as unauthorised.

Comment

Hi, why didn't I think of that!! I've contacted my bank. However, it's still my word against there's I don't know how I'd prove I didn't authorise the transaction. Anyway I shall see what happens. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Here are two email addresses you can try.
        Start with
        CustomerMail@viagogo.com
        and then escalate the issue to their CEO Eric Baker
        eric.baker@viagogo.com
        Good luck
        Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

The OP gets an email asking why they cancelled then gets told they have purchased tickets they also say the did not complete the purchase ? So how can they take the money

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            The OP gets an email asking why they cancelled then gets told they have purchased tickets they also say the did not complete the purchase ? So how can they take the money
            Emm. Good point but maybe after they had put in the payment details they realised the total. I don’t know to be honest as any company with ‘gogo’ in the title is not one I am likely to deal with. I am more a ‘stopstop’ person these days!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. I thought I'd quit the transaction when I saw the charges, but Viagogo debited the transaction anyway. Keep writing, emailing.
              Originally posted by KittyRed View Post
              Hi,

I went on the Viagogo website to purchase tickets for a concert in March. I had almost finished the purchase when I realised that the price they had quoted was each and not for all four tickets as I had though. The price was extortionate so I pressed the cancel button.

After I had cancelled I got a pop up window asking me why I had cancelled and I answered that the price was too expensive. I thought that was finished and I purchased the tickets from another seller - at a quarter of the price.

I then received an email from Viagogo saying I had purchased the tickets and the money came out of my account. I immediately complained but I've been told I cannot have a refund.

Is there any legal action I can take? The tickets were nearly £500.

I cannot find any way of contacting them other than by email. So if anyone knows a valid phone number for complaints that would be great - all the ones on the internet no longer work.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X