• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won N208 (Rent Deposit) , judge & order biased to defendent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won N208 (Rent Deposit) , judge & order biased to defendent

Hi not sure where to start but here goes.

Recently won N208 against former landlord. Judge was quite biased to landlord, even answering questions for her (crocodile tears / eyelash flutterer).
    Was experienced multiple landlord of at lest 5 years at sign of lease in 2008. Judge only awarded 2x rent damages (as opposed to 3x for exp landlords) stating landlord naive due to recent introduction of deposit protection act, and so called rent in advance was an obvious attempt to bypass legislation.
    The AST was signed about 3.5 years after the Nov 2004 housing act gained ascension.
    To make things difficult the defendant asked for payment terms over 9 months and would only play by cheque. (on seeing her in the car park she took great delight in pointing out that her car cost her 50 grand and obviously was not short of money.

All through the hearing the judge tried to stack things against me, not allowing any time to consult or take notes etc. When the payment terms were discussed I expressed that I did not want to be paid month by month by cheque but the judge just ignored my protestations.
    The next day I wrote to the judge to express my dissatisfaction and the debacle on the car park. 15 days after the hearing I got a letter back " The object of the claimants letter is unclear, A final judgement was given at the hearing . If the claimant is unhappy with the outcome and considers that he has grounds to do so, he can seek permission from a circuit judge." (During the hearing the judge said if there is going to be an appeal it will have to go to him.).
    After chasing the county court 20 days after hearing on the phone they said that the letter I sent somehow caused their response to be delayed and they would get it typed asap. 22 days after the judgement I received just the order from the judge with the 1st payment due the day after the order was received (24 days after hearing and needless to say the deadline went and am still not paid).
    PS When I spoke to the court office staff on the phone they said i might try to get the appeal deadline extended due to delay in correspondence.

What I would like to know:

A) Would an appeal go to the same judge who in effect I would be complaining about?

B) Is it a good idea to appeal about the award or is there a better way? (Max to gain is £700).

C) Could I get the payment terms varied? (i.e. pay in full straight away).

D) Will I get the written judgement, and would I have to wait for that to appeal or whatever else I might do?

E) When should I get the bailiffs in?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction in the next few days.

many thanks in advance.

MP
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X