• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas

I'm new on here.
    In a nutshell..
    I had an investment property.was going well until a rogue trader damaged it and consequently lost income.. I'd been struggling to hold on to it til next year when I retire.. The strain of all that business brought on physical and mental health problems. Plan was to do it up, live in part/ let part for income. In mean time it was home to my son and his partner.
    All just ticking over tel May this year - email at half past 12 at night with a bill for £4000+
    No sleep, totally in panic state- called them first thing. I told them i could not pay , not even a little a month as already on a shoestring. I told them i was afraid id lose the house. They agreed to fit a new smart meter and re - bill me once done.Date set for June.
    They came and went without changing the meter or even reading the meter.
    I then received a further bill for £5000+
    The fear of them coming after me and KNOWING I had no proof of not having used that much electricity. It seems crazy now but I was so scared of what was happening and feeling out of control. I put the house in for auction. My son agreed there was no real choice. They set another date to change meter . I figured if they came and told me it was a mistake I could pull out of the sale. Then they cancelled THAT appointment.
    My house was sold, at a loss .
    2 weeks later they changed the meter. They then told me they owed ME £500.
    I Dont feel great about it.
    I expect you are thinking why did she sell the house so quickly.
    If you have ever been mentally I'll, if you have lived with a house full of lodgers for years while you sleep on a sofa to keep a roof over your head and feed your kids, if you lived with the shame of debt ( even if it was a greedy conman that put you there) , you might get it.
    I have lost on the sale, lost my future home and feel really low and cheated.
    They could have read/ changed the meter in June..
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X