• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot bought NatWest debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot bought NatWest debt

Originally posted by HelenaTroy View Post
    Thanks Warwick.
    Did you cca Cabot as soon as they informed you they had purchased the debt?
    Hi yes I did, or within a few weeks

If I am honest I do wish I had left it a little while and not been so trigger happy but on the plus side it is now unenforceable until they provide the correct documents. On the down side- I know they exist

You on the other hand have what looks like it may be a pile of ****

All assignment contracts may be different but I have read one between different parties where it says that in the first 12 months the original creditor will help the new creditor obtain documents, after that they are on their own.

I know I am probably giving you way too much info and just confusing the issue, it just doesn't feel right that someone may make a decision 'because Warwick said xyz'

Comment

Re: Cabot bought NatWest debt

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Hi yes I did, or within a few weeks

If I am honest I do wish I had left it a little while and not been so trigger happy but on the plus side it is now unenforceable until they provide the correct documents. On the down side- I know they exist

You on the other hand have what looks like it may be a pile of ****

All assignment contracts may be different but I have read one between different parties where it says that in the first 12 months the original creditor will help the new creditor obtain documents, after that they are on their own.

I know I am probably giving you way too much info and just confusing the issue, it just doesn't feel right that someone may make a decision 'because Warwick said xyz'
      Thanks Warwick, what I'll do first (as Di suggested above) is send off the SAR request.
      I've just been out for a £10 postal order
      Then I'll see what appears with the SAR info and take it from there - putting the cca request on hold.

That's interesting what you said about the O/C helping the debt buyer with info requests for one year.

Also above, that was a fantastic result for Di v PRA a few months ago, that could help me also!

Comment

After my last post above in September 2017, I just kept paying my £1 per month to Wescot (for Cabot), then at the beginning of 2019 I sent a CCA to Cabot. Within a few weeks I'd received two letters from Cabot, the first saying that they'd contacted the original credtor and until they heard back from them they couldn't enforce the debt and the second letter stating that the original creditor couldn't find the CCA, and the debt was unenforceable until it ever turned up (or words to that effect).

Now almost two years further on I've never heard anymore from Cabot, and I haven't rocked the boat, and I've kept paying the £1 per month to Wescot, however I have had a phone call from Wescot a few days ago wanting to do a review of my Finances. I told her, not over the phone, so she's going to send the I&E form to me via Royal Mail.

However, my question is, is this the time to offer them a really low F&F, or could that encourage Cabot to make a greater effort to obtain the CCA from the O/C?
        Or, as I've seen suggested on this forum, do some banks when they sell the debts to DCAs give the DCAs a certain period afterwards to request CCAs, then when that period is up they no longer assist the DCAs?

Comment

I have seen CCA's turn up from many years since default or sale of debt, I believe there is a requirement to cooperate between the original creditor and the debt purchaser.
          It looks like in this case, the agreement is lost or so illegible as to be of no use.
          You have two choices: one would be to make a seriously low F&F offer - debts are often purchased for 10% of their face value so bear that in mind.
          You could also cease payments and send a letter stating that as soon as they provide the documents you would repay the account but until then it is unenforceable. Unenforceable means that they cannot seek a judgment against you, but they can write/ring and even issue a claim if they want. If you set out clear written communication, their likelihood of trying any such thing is greatly diminished and in any case you would have a defendable claim.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

wescot by the way can ask you but you do not have to as they are only hopeful collection agents on commissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
              I have seen CCA's turn up from many years since default or sale of debt, I believe there is a requirement to cooperate between the original creditor and the debt purchaser.
              It looks like in this case, the agreement is lost or so illegible as to be of no use.
              You have two choices: one would be to make a seriously low F&F offer - debts are often purchased for 10% of their face value so bear that in mind.
              You could also cease payments and send a letter stating that as soon as they provide the documents you would repay the account but until then it is unenforceable. Unenforceable means that they cannot seek a judgment against you, but they can write/ring and even issue a claim if they want. If you set out clear written communication, their likelihood of trying any such thing is greatly diminished and in any case you would have a defendable claim.
              Thank you Celestine, I'll give it some thought before doing anything.
              I actually CCA'd and SAR'd Natwest and both times they sent me a copies of the CCA which were illegible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X