• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Goods, Poor Service, refunded, told to keep item then item demanded back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Goods, Poor Service, refunded, told to keep item then item demanded back.

In May/June of this year I bought an 'OUTSUNNY' Garden / Pool / Patio Rocking Chair costing £119.00 from MHSTAR via Amazon.co.uk. The item arrived dissembled in a huge, unwieldy, heavy box. It required tqo persons to assemble it. During this process of assembly, I noticed that a major component was damaged and subsequently contacted MHSTAR for a replacement part. Returning the whole parcel was impractical due to size, weight, unwieldiness etc. and bearing in mind that I am 72 years old with disabilities that restrict my handling heavy, unwieldy objects. There then followed a series of emails between myself and MHSTAR who requested photos of the damaged part. I complied with everything asked of me but MHSTAR were very slow indealing with the issue and after sending the photos I heard nothing more. I contacted Amazon who contacted MHSTAR but after more than a week later, still nothing more was heard from MHSTAR and Amazon issued a refund and told me to keep the chair after I asked them what I should do with it. After several weeks I contacted a small company who I have had dealings with in the past and he is in the process of repairing the chair which requires a metal band fittind around the damaged part and three others to match it. All have to to fit snuggly and have bolt holes through.. Several days ago I received an email from MHSTAR saying that they had noticed that I had received a refund from Amazon and wanted the chair back unless I removed from Amazons' web site my unfavourable comment about their service. They also wanted the original packing etc. I replied that I no longer had all the original packing and that some of the components were away being repaired, I also contacted Amazon who contacted them again. The following day I again received a similar message from MHSTAR to which I replied that I had contacted Amazon, Trading Standards and sought Legal Advice. Am I entitled to keep the chair?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X