• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recently diagnosed with epilepsy at age 33

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently diagnosed with epilepsy at age 33

I am wondering if I am able to apply for PIP? I have been told yes from some DWP staff..and No from others, and I am so confused. I was working at a disabled and special needs school, until March this year, and I had to give this up due to having seizures, as my employer had to consider the safety of me and the 8 children I was caring for. I only made a claim for ESA in July, and was awarded it. Up until July I had 6 seizures, and was diagnosed with Epilepsy last week, and I am awaiting MRI results.
    Welfare rights advised me I will not be awarded PIP if I claim, however I was advised I have a good chance, by an advisor at DWP. I'm unsure if I should put in for it or not
    Tags: None

Re: Recently diagnosed with epilepsy at age 33

Hi and welcome.

If you don't apply you certainly won't receive it!!
    This link might be useful: https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/p...m#.Wahic8iGNPY

Good luck

Comment

Re: Recently diagnosed with epilepsy at age 33

I know little about epilepsy apart from what I learnt when a colleague had a grand mal seizure

Pip is not about what is wrong with you but about how it affects your life

The frequency and severity of seizures will be important , do you have warnings of when they are coming on , what might trigger them

So for example could you have a bath without someone checking you

Can you go out alone

Can you cook.a meal

Dont have to be grande mal .

Give it a shot no harm in trying but try and get someone to help you with your forms

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X