• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way NOT Statute Barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Way NOT Statute Barred

I sent a template letter to Robinson Way because I know the last payment I made to an Ex- Abbey National/Santander account was in January 2010. I am constantly getting letters from them a recently a debt collector even though I never answered the door. However, I have had a letter back saying the default was on 7th February 2012 and if I don't complete the enclosed financial statement then collection activity will start. I know for a fact my date is correct so what can I do without acknowledging the debt and resetting the clock?

thanks
    Christine
    Tags: None

Re: Robinson Way NOT Statute Barred

Hi Christine

So what sort of debt is it, was it a current account?

SB , particularly on a current account is very difficult and many are trying to say a default is the cause of action however while maybe a DN might be (open to lots of discussion) the start of the SB period the registering on a credit file of the default is not necessarily linked.

Comment

Hi,

Yes it was a current account. It went overdrawn by around £200 and before I knew it they had put that many charges for different things it was up to £632 so I just walked away from it. So I know for certain it hasn't been used since December 2009 but just said a month later to be absolutely sure.

Comment

Sadly , and I have no idea how this would work in court, banks often let ODs run on for some time before defaulting- santander are quite bad for it

However RW only have certain records to rely on so its worth sticking to you SB line.

The only thing i would say is be very careful in how you word letters - never use words like my account or my debt

Comment

Is there anyone else who could give any further advice on this?

Thanks

Comment

The starting point may be to look at the Abbey T&Cs & what they say about termination.

I think I know someone who might be able to help?
            http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...2006-2007-2008

@Amethyst (Morning, Ame ).
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Morning.... will have a mooch back through the thread.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

You need to send a Subject Access Request to Santander. Subject Access Request Letter

You should get full transaction lists with it. This will enable you to see ( and demonstrate to the court if need be later ) how the overdraft built up on it's own with no input from you. That will help with any unfair relationship/terms arguments if needed.

Do you recall the exact type of account you had ? Were there any terms as to paying in a certain amount each month, having two DD's going out each month - that kind of thing. If so they could help show the account should have been defaulted long before 2 years after you stopped using it.

How much is the debt now?( ie what are RobWay chasing for? is that the £632 ? )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I had wondered whether to do a SAR. That should provide me with a default notice too. It was just a normal current account way before all these gimmicks came into being. The debt is £632.79 and at least £400 of that is charges etc charges they are no longer allowed to charge! So that is what RW are chasing for. It has been over 6 years since I used the account and probably 7 yrs. This is why I sent the prove it letter, and a letter from them saying it defaulted on 7 Feb 2012 hardly proves it to be honest.
                  Christine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X