• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre

How do I tell if a claim received from a County Court Business Centre is genuine? There are no stamps of any kind and it is signed by a solicitor.
    Thanks for any help available.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Business Centre

They are not the most impressive. It should have a rubber stamp on the circle marked Seal, there should be a claim number and an issue date.

There is a reference to a web page and a password. Use these to sign in and acknowledge the claim. Note down any sign in and password details that it may give you.

Comment

Re: County Court Business Centre

Thank you ostell that is very helpful.
      There is no Rubber Stamp of any kind and there is no date. There is only a claim number "XXXXXXXX"
      There is the Claimant's name plus my wife and my names, then particulars of the claim being service charges which are in dispute, plus interest and solicitor fees along with extracts of the Terms of Lease.
      Having never been involved with this sort of thing before, I have no experience but just feel it may be a solicitors frightener try-on. The whole 3 pages are signed by the solicitors and there is no detail of the 'County Court Business Centre' from where it is supposed to have originated.
      The reason for this dispute is that a new maintenance company have taken over the maintenance of this residential development and are demanding so called arrears from the previous company who did no work at all but kept demanding money until when none of the landlords would pay them, they pulled out of the contract. This new company then took over and although they never did anything either, they demand not only money for their non existing work but also the historic arrears from the previous company.
      We have continually requested a full detailed report of this alleged work etc but this has never been supplied. Therefore we have withheld payment but we have always paid the ground rent and insurance plus a small amount for some grass cutting etc they did carry out once only!
      I t would be great if we could find a solicitor who could help us in this matter as it is stressing my wife and me terribly now we are in our later years (I am 76 years old)
      Any help is greatly appreciated,
      Thank you,

John
      Last edited by Kati; 12th August 2017, 10:56:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X