• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Good morning I am new to this forum I received a letter Lowell to do with an old BT account that I had at an address I used to live at. long story short married 23 years husband leaves me for young woman, then as I start divorce proceedings still living in the martial home he cancels all the direct debits in his name ie BT Sky mortgage you name he cancelled it. so I had to reset the bills back up but in my name. so about a year goes by I am struggling emotional and financially going trough a divorce is bad enough however we go to court for the first hearing and I get home that he has registered an occupational order against me making me and the children homeless..... my question is because all the bills were in my name and I was made homeless what can I do to prove that the bt debt was run up by my ex husband.

Any help would by appreciated as they are looking to take me to court over this

Stinydog68
    Tags: None

Re: Help please

Morning Apologies for not replying until now.

What's done is done with regards the house I know, but was it in his sole name with no contribution from you? I can't understand how you ended up homeless with your children after 23 years of marriage.

That aside, when you were forced to leave the property did you inform any of the utilities/creditors that you had left and to transfer the accounts over to your ex, or even to close the accounts and let him set new ones up. I'd guess it was last thing on your mind at that time though.

How much is the BT debt ?
    It was in your sole name at the point you left the property as when he left he had cancelled everything and you'd set up things in your own name?
    Are there other similar debts he just built up and left in your name?
    Has the account been cancelled now? Did you cancel it after you realised he was running the bills up, and did your ex give BT/Lowell your contact details or have Lowell found you themselves ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Help please

Morning
      Thank you so much for your reply. Just to give you a bit of back ground he was and still is I think a policeman and knows a lot of people in the know and basically his solicitor was so nasty, my solicitor was useless and wouldn't act quick enough. The occupational order that was taken out against was ordered by the court on a Friday and when I came home from work I found this out when I tried to get in ... anyway I digress My solicitor said that she could'nt do anything on a Friday afternoon and it would have to wait until Monday if I wanted to challenge the occupational order.... being the fact I thought I was losing my marbles and having to make sure the children were okay I didn't know what to do for the best, but anyway this is in the past. however most of the debts he left me with I have managed to pay some of them off. he would have passed my details on to Lowell that i'm sure of. we are divorced now thank goodness and im very happy now... however even though I tried to explain to BT about what had happened at the time they made me feel as if I'm lying to get out of paying for the debt. I did ask Lowell to send me the credit agreement and they wrote back and said that BT do not have credit agreements. I would like to know what I can do to challenge them about this.

To answer your question about debts that he built up in my name the council tax was one, however I did challenge them and they made him pay that but that was a small amount as it was to do with over lap of when I become homeless and he moved back in. by the way the house is now sold and he's moved on I have no idea where he is.

Thank you so much in advance

Stinkydog68

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X