• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect Default from Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Default from Barclays

Hi everyone I am new to this forum so please excuse the grammar ..
    basically I had a current account with Barclays started in 2007 and I stopped using it in 2010 left it idle with min balance .. then in 2013 I received a letter saying my account was overdrawn by -61 pounds .. at the time I did not want any hassle so I paid it off and closed the account .. keeping in mind this happened because they decide to charge me for the account and it went to -4 and then started charging me for every day it was negative.. I am now looking to get a mortgage since feb and was told by Experian that I have a default in file in the last 6 months from Barclays .. and so I raised an complain and was told to speak to Barclays directly .. in the mean time Barclays updated my file to settled .. I don't know what I settled as the account was paid off in 2013 and closed .. this is now affecting me getting a mortgage as advised by my broker . And forcing me to rent till it is sorted it's been 4 months and I don't know what to do with this. . Keep getting sent for pillar to post with. No result ..

any help would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Incorrect Default from Barclays

Have you made a formal written complaint to Barclays ?or just spoken with them on the phone?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Have you made a formal written complaint to Barclays ?or just spoken with them on the phone?
      I have only spoken over the phone .. as the problem I have is they have given me three po box addresses and the fact that I have no idea of how to word the letter . Am being honest ...

Comment

Did you formally close the account off or just tell someone on the phone to close it off? If they didn't close it off as per your request then the starting point is that they have been negligent, but why did they charge you £4 if you had already paid the amount off in full? You might be wise to send a subject access request to Barclays (though it takes up to 40 days for them to get back to you) so you can determine how this has happened.

If they have been negligent then they are also likely in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 for failing to keep your data up to date accurate.

As for the Barclays complaint you can find the information on the link below - I would suggest you do your complaint by post and keep everything in writing where possible or if it can't be done in writing i.e. a telephone call then you follow it up with a confirmation of what was discussed. The link below also tells you to provide the following information as part of your complaint:

A description of your concern
        What you would like us to do to put things right
        Your name and address
        A phone number and the best time to contact you
        Any relevant policy numbers and references

http://www.barclays.co.uk/help/makin...-a-complaint-/

A question on what you said about Barclay's marking the account as settled, does it still show any adverse markers i.e. default balance or a default marker?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X