• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private tenant in dispute with restaurant business owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private tenant in dispute with restaurant business owner

Hi everyone

I have been searching all over the web for an answer so thought I would try and post here.I live in Scotland and we rent our house which is situated in a courtyard and adjacent to a restaurant.Now we live beside the main road and the courtyard has a large gate which we shut at night so our cats can go out.The problem we have is to do with the new owner of a restaurant who have been here less than a year and serve food all day and evenings.Generally by around 10pm there will be a few customers still eating and no new ones coming in so we shut the gate.However tonight the owner stormed over just as i did this and informed me that I cannot shut it when they still have customers eating.I fail to see what the problem is as customers are inside and will only have to open the gate to leave.I do not think it is fair to expect us to keep our cats in all day until late at night and wonder what our rights are.Does a business have priority over a private tenant?We never let cats out before 9pm(when they are finishing up).
    Grateful for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Private tenant in dispute with restaurant business owner

Hi

You will need to check both the deeds and the planning. Deeds may give you the right of way details, planning should have time restraints in it
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      Hi

You will need to check both the deeds and the planning. Deeds may give you the right of way details, planning should have time restraints in it
      Thanks for responding.I spoke to my landlord today and he is pretty sure the deeds for our house include the gate so if that is the case then he will have his solicitor send the restaurant a letter clarifying this.He also agreed that closing it at 10pm is fair enough.

Comment

Hi

Thje deeds with probebly show rights of acsess over the shared parts and sometimes the restrictions, but planning docs will have any restriction ( time ) in. They probebly have the right to have the gate open for as long/late as they can legaly open for.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X