• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excessive claim fees from Rapidreclaims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive claim fees from Rapidreclaims

I am a pensioner, with poor hearing. I followed a link to see about getting compensation for miss sold packaged Bank Accounts. I was then sent a form asking me to allow the firm access to my account details. That is all I head from them. Lloyds Bank then sent me their own form and I had many calls from LLoyds bank but nothing more from the claim company themselves. It seems that apart from them getting Lloyds to send me out their own forms. I did all the leg work on this matter. I was awarded compensation of over £4000, but then got an email from the claim firm saying I had to pay them 35% which is around £1, 700.. This seems excessive given I did all the leg work, and all their contribution was, was to ask TSB to send me out a form and even then it was the wrong form they asked to be sent out because TSB said it was down to Lloyds and they sent me the correct form. At no time did they make it clear that they would be taking 30% plus VAT or I wouldnt have entertained them. I have no written contract from them.
    When the compensation arrived the majority of it was swalled up by the overdraft I no longer had access to as I closed the packaged bank account and changed to a free account without access to overdraft. This means that I don't actually have more than £1000 left, to pay them with. As a pensioner I have no access to anything else. Should I offer them the £1000 and say that is all I can do and that I have no income apart from my Old age pension to live on? Or can I refuse to pay them given I , not them, did the leg work.
    Tags: None

Re: Excessive claim fees from Rapidreclaims

Hiya

Was it these? http://www.rapidreclaims.com/

I was then sent a form asking me to allow the firm access to my account details.
    Do you have a copy of this? If not was it a 'letter of authority'?

I have no written contract from them.
    I'm wondering if the above was (or at least included) the contract.

Comment

With the help of a friend who zoomed the copy of letter I signed to me, we eventually say there was a one line mentioning 36% but it was not in the main body of the letter, but down the page after the signature.

Comment

Ok. I'd like to see a copy of the letter. Can you e-mail it please?

Also do you have a copy of the form you sent back to Lloyds? If not was it a complaint form?
        Last edited by EXC; 12th May 2017, 14:18:PM.

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for sending the form.

That the mention of the 36% is below your signature isn't really an issue I'm afraid, it's on the same page.

However you may be able to ague that they haven't actually provided a claims management service. In your first post you say that Lloyds sent you a form and you dealt directly with them. I assume the form was a complaint form and you filled it out yourself? Do you have a copy of it or any accompanying letter?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X