• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can't pay charging order!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't pay charging order!

Hi,

4 years ago a charging order for ~3000 was placed on my property because of a debt I didn't pay to a builder.

I was in a bad place at the time and am now in a position to pay it off. However - I can't. The address he gave us we've knocked at, sent letters to. We've looked up other possible addresses and sent letters there, also sent him messages on Facebook which have been ignored.

I spoke to the local court who suggested there was nothing they could do as there was no outstanding enforcement.

Is there anything we can do in this situation? We just want to pay off the order.

Thank you!
    Tags: None

Re: Can't pay charging order!

what solicitor represented him?? contact them!

Comment

Hi Mike - there was no solicitor, he did this personally.

Comment

Oh! Dear = hopefully one of the people on here can advise you from experiance.???

Comment

Have you checked the copy on the land registry to see whether the charge has been updated to the builders new details ? Also it may be worth giving the land registry a call, you might be able to apply to have it discharged on payment into court.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What is the address that the chargor has given the Land Registry?
            Have you really tried to find the Builder and I mean really tried.

Sparkie

Comment

Maybe your builder belongs to a Trade Association where his name/business will show up.

The CAB has a list of the various Trade Associations which might be worth a try. Look at the various categories on the left hand side of this link > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ding-industry/

You might also want to see if he's visible on Checkatrade here> http://www.checkatrade.com/Consumer/

Di

Comment

Originally posted by sofaofthedamned View Post
                4 years ago a charging order for ~3000 was placed on my property because of a debt I didn't pay to a builder. I was in a bad place at the time and am now in a position to pay it off.
                Was the £3k the total cost of the job or had you made any payments to him before the court proceedings started even for an unrelated matter?

I'm wondering whether you have any bank details for him perhaps on an old invoice?

Don't pay money into the account without first establishing it's active or wise etc. but I've found in the past (on a private matter) that if you write a letter to someone c/o their bank it may be forwarded to them since their details will be on the bank's system.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X