• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global - Credit file searched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global - Credit file searched

CCJ from Arrow Global has 39 weeks left to run before 6 yrs are up and falls off my credit file.
    Never made a payment, nor acknowledged the debt.
    I had around three letters from their solicitors (DrydenFairfax) at the beginning, not heard from them in years.

I login to my credit file each month to see what searches have been carried out - Arrow Global searched on 21st March 2017

What are they looking for, specifically?
    What can they learn from my credit file that would sway them to come after me or not?
    Can they see bank account balances? Or account numbers? Or which banks I'm with?

I'm renting, nothing of value, self employed and on low income.
    Only thing they can come after is the bank with a third party order but even then, it's been 5 yrs and 4 months and they haven't done a thing... would a judge even allow enforcement this late in the day?

I'm worried this is a pre-emptive search and want to prepare myself if I can, wondering what to expect?
    Would I be allowed to appeal any enforcement action they might take now, be it bailiff or third party order? Worried they might try to grab my work van.

Tia
    Last edited by gmleo; 11th April 2017, 23:57:PM. Reason: typo
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global - Credit file searched

Hi

I am guessing , and it is just that a guess, they are looking for signs your situation has changed so they can go back to court and enforce

Things like new credit cards or loans, a mortgage etc are all indicators you may have something worth chasing

Comment

CCJs have no expiry date, but if not actioned by claimants after period of time then they may find it difficult to enforce, by the way bank account details of amounts are not published on CRAs files on name of bank!

Comment

Debt purchasers check CRA files to see if there is any possibility of recovering any money e.g. new credit accounts opened.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          by the way bank account details of amounts are not published on CRAs files on name of bank!
          My personal NatWest bank accounts are recorded on the CRA files showing the monthly balances (£0 unless overdrawn) plus the overdraft limit.

My Barclays business bank account information is not recorded.

Savings accounts etc are not recorded which I feel gives an inaccurate impression to anyone searching your file.

For example it may make sense to have several lines of credit (which you clear off every month so no interest applied) while leaving money in a savings account attracting interest. This means you could have thousands upon thousands of pounds at your disposal but still have a poor credit rating based on the amount of credit you have.

I also think it's unfair for Equifax to record Land Registry details of any property you own showing price paid on what date on your file. This enables the 'searcher' to assess your asset worth.

I complained to Equifax but got nowhere since they maintain the information (Land Registry) is in the public domain *sigh*.

Di

Comment

strange just looked on Noddle at Barclays, Natwest & lloyds they all show Jan 2017 overdraft I have with lloyds of 250 at that date yet only applied with lloyds and got it,not Natwest or Barclays, also since I got overdraft the credit score went down even with no usage

Comment

Read somewhere about process of third party orders. They send letter to bank first, 7 days before they send one to me. The bank is then instructed to find "all other accounts in my name" and freeze them.
              I'm with FirstDirect, my only current account, it has nothing in it and a £650 overdraft.
              I have a savings account with First Direct too, which doesn't show up on a credit search, but would be found if they tried to freeze my current account.
              Father recent died and had a small inheritance, less than £10K, already allocated 4K to dental (2 implants) the remainder is for a rainy day.
              Don't want them getting their hands on it with only 8 months to go.
              Other than withdrawing the cash to put under the mattress, is there anything else I could/should be doing?

Comment

Originally posted by gmleo View Post
                Read somewhere about process of third party orders. They send letter to bank first, 7 days before they send one to me. The bank is then instructed to find "all other accounts in my name" and freeze them.
                I'm with FirstDirect, my only current account, it has nothing in it and a £650 overdraft.
                I have a savings account with First Direct too, which doesn't show up on a credit search, but would be found if they tried to freeze my current account.
                Father recent died and had a small inheritance, less than £10K, already allocated 4K to dental (2 implants) the remainder is for a rainy day.
                Other than withdrawing the cash to put under the mattress, is there anything else I could/should be doing?
                My understanding is that if a CCJ has not been enforced within 6 years they then have to apply for permission

I also think that even when they do want to enforce it has to go to court and you should be told but don't quote me on that

Comment

Originally posted by gmleo View Post
                  Get simple no nonsense account with another bank maybe?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X