• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Enforcement after 15 years advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Enforcement after 15 years advice

Hi i had a terrible marriage breakup around twenty years ago from which i gathered a debt and was given a ccj, however this was about 15 years ago or more, can i please ask as i have recently heard from a new debt recovery company, they are now threatening to go to one of these pay or take it away agencies and i am desperate i have struggled to bring up two boys alone and now may have some person take what they may from my home, i have no idea where i stand legally is it possible to suddenly resurrect a debt this old and if yes are there any legal restrictions and what may i do in defence please?
    thank you
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Enforcement after 15 years advice

Hi and welcome and please do not panic.
    As far as I know after so long the DCA would have to go to court to enforce the CCJ (these are never statute barred) and also have a very good reason not to have done so within the six year period.
    Someone else will pop along and tell you exactly what you must or must not do about this x

Comment

If enforcement action is not taken within 6 years from Judgment the judgment holder needs to apply to the court for permission to enforce, and would need to show good reason for not having enforced before. (edit: as Enaid just said actually crossed posts as I'm slow lol )

This new debt company may not actually own the judgment - have they said they do, or are chasing on behalf of the judgment holder ? do you have a copy of the letter they have sent you that you could post up ?(minus personal info) I'd suspect it is simply trying scare tactics to get you to contact and make an arrangement.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thank you so much for your replies, i confess as i had not heard from the debt company i really had forgotten about it, in the letter they state that they have contacted me in the past,.... however this means three weeks as they first contacted me just three weeks ago and have sent one letter every seven days so far i have been wondering how to react and if i should contact them to try and arrange a mutual repayment scheme as i know that with every action they take it will simply incur more and more legal fees, however the realty is that i am struggling to survive as it is and any offer would be below what they would deem acceptable.
        Last edited by staff101; 22nd March 2017, 10:54:AM.

Comment

Thank you, as requested. Here is the letter they sent to me, it sounds to me very official and am i must confess worried
          Last edited by staff101; 23rd March 2017, 13:38:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X