• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI can I claim even if the bank/lender has a charging order on my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI can I claim even if the bank/lender has a charging order on my property

Dear Beagles

I have 2 credit cards that c10 years ago went bad due to my finacial circumstances at the time.

I am now aware that these debt values contain an amount of PPi which would (a) reduce the balance or (b) maybe invalidate the orginal final charging order.

I understand that no funds will come to me but they should be claimed.

If a charging order is based on some part of illegality (ppi) could it not be argued that it is invalid.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Birdman
    Tags: None

Re: PPI can I claim even if the bank/lender has a charging order on my property

Not sure myself--have tagged 2 who might know for you [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
      Not sure myself--have tagged 2 who might know for you @nemesis45 @Amethyst
      Thanks Turbo,

Nothing affects the attempt to reclaim PPI so get claiming.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
        I am now aware that these debt values contain an amount of PPi which would (a) reduce the balance or (b) maybe invalidate the orginal final charging order.

I understand that no funds will come to me but they should be claimed.

If a charging order is based on some part of illegality (ppi) could it not be argued that it is invalid.
        Without seeing the papers it's hard to comment.

But hypothetically speaking if a Charging Order has been obtained for a sum of money which was not owed (or the Claimant not entitled to) then you may be able to make an application to have the CO set aside.

A lot will depend on the facts/circumstances surrounding the original CCJ.

Was missold PPI raised as an argument at the time or was the CCJ a Default Judgment?

Did you know there was PPI on the account at the time of the CCJ?

Without the PPI (i.e. a refund due for misselling) would that reduce the balance owed to less than £1k or what would the balance owed (minus the PPI) have been at the time the CCJ was granted?

Have you made any payments towards the CCJ in the last ten years?

Is/was interest being added to the debt?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana M

Thank you for your reply

Taking 1 case. This was a credit card with co-op now a re-sold debt.

There was a huge amount of argument over this as co-op continued to make payments to a Car hire company even after being the card being over its credit limit. The court at the time found no problem with that??

PPI was not raised as a issue then.

I was not aware of PPi at all at that time

I cannot imagine a refund would get the debt below £1000

No payments have been made in the last ten years.

Dont believe interest is accruing.

A final charging order was granted but with a caveat of a minimum forced sale value. (fortunately quite high)

Comment

Hi Diana M

Thank you for your reply

Taking 1 case. This was a credit card with co-op now a re-sold debt.

There was a huge amount of argument over this as co-op continued to make payments to a Car hire company even after being the card being over its credit limit. The court at the time found no problem with that??

PPI was not raised as a issue then.

I was not aware of PPi at all at that time

I cannot imagine a refund would get the debt below £1000

No payments have been made in the last ten years.

Dont believe interest is accruing.

A final charging order was granted but with a caveat of a minimum forced sale value. (fortunately quite high)

Comment

Hi Diana M

Have you any further thoughts on the information supplied

Birdman

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X