• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

esa to pension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esa to pension

my pension start on same day as i am due to receive my esa payment,, as esa is paid 2 weeks in arrears why have i not received it for the 2 weeks prior to my 65th birthday
    Tags: None

Re: esa to pension

Hi and welcome, have you had a date for your pension to start?
    Pensions do not actually start on your 65th birthday as is often thought, it starts on your next pension pay day which ties in with the last 2 digits of your NI number. This will be no later than 6 days after your 65th
    Both are paid in arrears so you should not have a gap imo, you need to ring your local DWP only they will know the answer,
    How it’s paid

The day your pension is paid depends on your National Insurance number.
    00 to 19 Monday
    20 to 39 Tuesday
    40 to 59 Wednesday
    60 to 79 Thursday
    80 to 99 Friday
    Your first payment is made at the end of the first full week after you reach State Pension age. It won’t include the time between reaching State Pension age and your normal payment day if that’s less than one week

Example
    You reach State Pension age on Monday 16 December 2013 and your first payday is a Friday.
    The first full week ending on a Friday after the Monday you reached State Pension age is Saturday 21 December to Friday 27 December.
    You won’t be paid between 16 December and 21 December because this is less than one week.
    The basic State Pension is usually paid every 4 weeks into an account of your choice. You’re paid ‘in arrears’, which means you’re paid for the last 4 weeks, not for the coming 4 weeks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X