• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shared driveway -- obstruction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared driveway -- obstruction

Hi guys,

i live on a shared driveway we are the last of 4 houses ( plot4) and must cross the other 3 driveways to gain acces to our property and leave the same way. It is written in the title deeds that I and any of my visitors have the enjoyment of the driveway but I am also responsible for 1/4 share of the upkeep of the driveway.Each house owns the plot of drive outside their house.
    in 2015 one of the neighbours who lives in the 2nd house( plot2) on the way in decided we needed to replace the whole drive at a cost of £20K, this did not need doing and only needed a few pot holes filling in bearing in mind the dead reads " good repair" myself and my next door neighbour(plot3) could not see the sense in spending all this money nor could we afford to spend £5k each and told the neighbour we were not happy with this but he just went ahead and did the job and split the cost with his neighbour ( plot1) they then erected 2 bollards restricting the access to the driveway and basically told us both that because we hadn't contributed to the cost they were putting in the bollards to protect their investment and stop us having full use of the driveway ie-- can't get a skip delivered unless the bollards are dropped as they are key locked.. My question is not so much about the driveway but are they allowed to put up bollards if they are not shown on my title deed..? We are trying to sell our house at the moment and this seems to be putting people off...they have refused to give us a key.

many thanks,
    Tags: None

Re: Shared driveway -- obstruction

Check your title deeds and I bet you find there is also a restrictive covenant stating that no one can block the driveway.
    Have a solicitor write a letter reminding them of that, and pointing out their responsibilities and your possible actions to right this wrong.
    If that does not work off to court you go for an order to remove the obstructions and for damages.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X