• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Boundary Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boundary Issue

Hello,

I hope someone can help with my problem. We moved into a bungalow a few months ago. There is a boundary fence separating ours and the neighbours property at the front and rear gardens, but the area of land between our two buildings had no boundary fence. The plans from the Land Registry shows a straight line down this side of our property from the very rear to the very front. The fences at the rear and front line up perfectly so it would be clear where the boundary should be between our buildings, in fact a few months ago the neighbour put tarmac on his drive up to this line. Then two weeks ago he erected a gate right across this piece of land with a post on our side of the boundary and a panel to fill the gap between the post and the wall of our bungalow. I asked him to remove the panel and he did, at the time I didn't realise the post was on our land as it was obscured. I since requested that he remove the gate post as it is on our land as we planned to erect a fence to join the fence at the front and rear. He refused to remove the post, so now we have a problem where our fence is erected up to the point where his post intersects and the fence then recommences the other side of it. As our fence is close to his post and gate it appears he is unable to open it fully. His argument is that no one can prove where the boundary is and that he believes our boundary is below the gutter line, which would not give us adequate access to the side of our property, However, he enjoys a similar boundary to what we believe we should have on the other side of his bungalow with his neighbour. I have tried in vein to ask him to move his post. Please can someone advise me how to resolve this matter, is it possible to find a resolution without solicitors and court action?
    Tags: None

Re: Boundary Issue

Hi and welcome

If you and your neighbour cannot come to an amicable fair agreement, I foresee problems in the future.
    Any possibility he would agree to mediation? might be cheaper than solicitors and court.

Only other choice IMO would be to remove his post (without damaging it) from your ground and return it to him.
    That puts the ball firmly back in his park.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X