• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dirty neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty neighbour

Is there anything I can do to get my neighbour to clean up his act? I am beside myself. He throws rubbish outside his bedroom window (sometimes in my garden) Biscuits,crisps,pop bottle etc. He doesnt cut his lawn and has old decking. He throws bread (full loaf!!!!) on the floor for the birds. We have rats. I have seen one in the garden and had to have pest control for they have been in our loft!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Dirty neighbour

Originally posted by chocolate lover View Post
    Is there anything I can do to get my neighbour to clean up his act?

He throws rubbish outside his bedroom window (sometimes in my garden) Biscuits,crisps,pop bottle etc. He doesnt cut his lawn and has old decking. He throws bread (full loaf!!!!) on the floor for the birds. We have rats. I have seen one in the garden and had to have pest control for they have been in our loft!!!!
    Possibly

Is your neighbour an owner-occupier or does he rent the property so he may have a Landlord (private or social housing) who can be approached?

I'm not sure failure to cut his lawn is something you can insist upon or the fact that he has old decking because I can't see how that's detrimental to you (apart from possibly being an eyesore).

You say you have rats in your garden and in your loft. You think that your neighbour's conduct may have caused this. What did the pest control professionals who came to deal with the issue say was the cause?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Possibly

Is your neighbour an owner-occupier or does he rent the property so he may have a Landlord (private or social housing) who can be approached?

I'm not sure failure to cut his lawn is something you can insist upon or the fact that he has old decking because I can't see how that's detrimental to you (apart from possibly being an eyesore).

You say you have rats in your garden and in your loft. You think that your neighbour's conduct may have caused this. What did the pest control professionals who came to deal with the issue say was the cause?

Di
      He
      says he has bought the house from housing association? I mention the lawn and decking because it has created the right environment for the rats. They run straight across our lawn because there is no where to hide. The pest control confirmed this and advised us to record the activity. We have poison in the drain they keep replacing and loft and the next stage is camera. Thank you very much for your response

Comment

Have you contacted the Environment Dept of your local authority (council)?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate lover View Post
          He says he has bought the house from housing association?
          Check out whether he has bought the house lock, stock and barrel from the Housing Association or whether it's a Shared Ownership deal where he'll have a leasehold and a % share of the Freehold but the HA will be involved in any behavioural issues reported to them.

You can find the information on Land Regisrty but it'll cost you £3 for the PDF download - possible a wise investment from what you say.

Here the link to LR > https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...467.1487020446

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X