• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Needs some legal advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs some legal advice

Hello just new here
    Tags: None

Re: Needs some legal advice

Originally posted by juliet 84 View Post
    Hello just new here
    Hi there

What assistance do you need?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

well sorry for it takes me too long to reply ... the thing is I recieved a letter from Robinson way asking me to pay the amount due of £279 But never had an account to Lloyds so do i need to call robinson way or send them a letter that I did not owe anything in HPH2 LTD (Ex Lloyd Banking group)? But as far as I know Ive got an overdraft into Halifax last 2010 which is £200 something and I stop using it due to personal reason... so whats the best thing to do?
      your help is very much appreciated

juliet

Comment

Halifax is part of Lloyds these days?

- - - Updated - - -

when was the last payment to account with Halifax?? others will guide you.

Comment

ok....so whats the right thing to do then because this debt was 7 years ago is , all i think was theirs a certain time in where debt can not be paid when you reach 6 years as I red some post here but if Im in the wrong way of understanding a statute barred means then well I dont have a choice but to pay it???????

Comment

2010 dont remember the month....

Comment

Hi juliet 84

Is the letter which you have received a 'pay up or it will go to court' type of letter? (ie a Letter Before Claim/Action).
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The best thing to do is make a request under the data protection act for all data held on you from the Halifax. The reason i say this is because it should give you all data and system notes from your account.

overdrafts generally are payable on demand, so if the bank asked for repayment of the whole overdraft back in 2010 and you havent made a payment since, then limitation may well have expired.
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                  The best thing to do is make a request under the data protection act for all data held on you from the Halifax. The reason i say this is because it should give you all data and system notes from your account.

overdrafts generally are payable on demand, so if the bank asked for repayment of the whole overdraft back in 2010 and you havent made a payment since, then limitation may well have expired.
                  In fact I went to Halifax last september 2016 the time when i settle my status to pay my overdraft long time ago so they asked me to used their phone on the bank but the problem is they can not find any details on my name because i said that I lost the card for ages and i dont have a copy of account details with me because they transfr me to different person who can deal my problem and so i gave up and never return back again. However a customer service said that maybe it was been erase because it was ages...

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Hi juliet 84

Is the letter which you have received a 'pay up or it will go to court' type of letter? (ie a Letter Before Claim/Action).
                    Well this was the letter that was given to me by robinson way it stating that they want to help me find the right solution yo help me clear my dept .

Comment

How much are RW asking for?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by juliet 84 View Post
                        Well this was the letter that was given to me by robinson way it stating that they want to help me find the right solution yo help me clear my dept .
                        The amount due is £279.39 and thats exactly the overdraft that i had with halifax last 2010 as far as i remember .

Comment

Thanks everyone who have tried to helped me here in fact i emailed them about the debt and if possible to give me legal documents or proof stating that I owe that sum of money . Its strange because when i recieve email from them it said that all quiries will be entertain through post or call but after 2 weeks they just send a post to me stating that they will hold my debt first as they are going to get some proof that i owe the money under my name so it means they read my email to them.. well lets see hoe it goes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X