• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift advances witness legal charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swift advances witness legal charge

Had a pre action protocol letter re witness of a legal charge by me 9 years ago I have acknowledged merely said take up with swift or the broker i was an employee of the broker.

I have no documents only what the solicitor sent which shows my signature.

Keeping it simple I will have seen the borrowers but cant recall where

Notice the husband has been sent down for Fraud , now the wife claims knows nothing about the swift charge, also had the police on to me , who confirmed surplus monies had been paid into a joint account not sole yet lawyer for her says "facilitated fraud" - come on she knows nothing of the loan !!!

Application form shows two other charges both that would have redeemed also at the time liquidated a company joint directors then purchased back in sole name.

My initial reaction is see you in court , prove i did not witness the signatures, verification is the responsibility of the lender , they are also sueing SWIFT their lawyer wrote to me and I simply said you need to write to the compliance manager of the broker, not been employed by them for many years.

Looks like swift are trying to enforce the charge and the wife is saying unlawful execution , the lender would have had her id PHONE CHECKS AND NINE YEARS CORRESPONDENCE.

Civil matter husband fraud is HMRC vat etc - think they are clutching at straws myself but your observations would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Swift advances witness legal charge

Originally posted by cashbook View Post
    Had a pre action protocol letter re witness of a legal charge by me 9 years ago I have acknowledged merely said take up with swift or the broker i was an employee of the broker.

I have no documents only what the solicitor sent which shows my signature.

Keeping it simple I will have seen the borrowers but cant recall where

Notice the husband has been sent down for Fraud , now the wife claims knows nothing about the swift charge, also had the police on to me , who confirmed surplus monies had been paid into a joint account not sole yet lawyer for her says "facilitated fraud" - come on she knows nothing of the loan !!!

Application form shows two other charges both that would have redeemed also at the time liquidated a company joint directors then purchased back in sole name.

My initial reaction is see you in court , prove i did not witness the signatures, verification is the responsibility of the lender , they are also sueing SWIFT their lawyer wrote to me and I simply said you need to write to the compliance manager of the broker, not been employed by them for many years.

Looks like swift are trying to enforce the charge and the wife is saying unlawful execution , the lender would have had her id PHONE CHECKS AND NINE YEARS CORRESPONDENCE.

Civil matter husband fraud is HMRC vat etc - think they are clutching at straws myself but your observations would be appreciated
    On what basis are you being pursued? Sorry but it really doesnt make sense, they are pursuing you because you witnessed the signing of a loan and legal charge? If so i dont see what loss they would have had as a result of this; what a crazy scenario
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Re: Swift advances witness legal charge

Yes I agree and thank you for the prompt reply - the solicitors words are "facilitating fraud" the husband has been convicted of fraud I think what they are trying to do is say the wife did not sign the legal charge - you have not met her so couldn't witness the signature by creating this doubt they then return to swift and say you have an unenforcable charge .

Swift solicitors been on to me i have responded and simply said refer to the compliance manager of the placing broker i have not been employed by this company for many years the reality I feel is its a matter for swift they advanced the loan having satisfied themselves on verification , just trying to frighten me and at the moment all i have done is acknowledge the letter simply saying you need to refer to swift or the placing broker - do you think this is sensible

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X