• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fowlers Finance - Conditional Sale Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fowlers Finance - Conditional Sale Agreement

Hi Guys

I have a car with fowlers finance - and a conditional sale agreement.

I got the vehicle at the end of April 2016 and within the 1st few weeks it developed a fault which they repaired on warranty.

then 2 months later the clutch went - which I know is a wear and tear thing but I only drive to work and back so shouldn't of gone that quick. So I paid to get this fixed myself

Then I had an issue with the electrics where by the rear lights didn't work at all so again I paid to get this resolved.

October last year I had the same fault I got within the 1st few weeks so claimed on the warranty, it took them weeks to respond to the point I only had 2 days warranty left. I also wrote an email of complaint to the company asking if the car could be swapped which was ignored and They refused the 1st quote for repairs so I had to find anther garage. When I found the 2nd garage I had to pay for the repairs myself and claim it back from them and it took them over 3 weeks to repay me.

All this happened within the 1st 6 months of having the car and
    I now have an issue with the central locking as it keeps locking itself and it actually locked last week with my child and the keys inside so I had to smash the window to get in and pay for the repair.

but basically I am here because I can no longer afford the payments on this car as I have had to reduce my work hours but I don't know how to approach this with Fowlers. I'm not sure if all the issues I have had will help me hand the car back without hassle but I have written to them with my income and outgoings and explaining my situation. What would be the next step? I haven't paid half of the amount owed yet but I have paid what the car is worth according to a valuation.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X