• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No luck in claiming refund through metro bank from low cost holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck in claiming refund through metro bank from low cost holidays

Since low cost holidays went bust. I have had no luck in claiming my money back through metro bank. I paid with my debit card. Put in a claim on goods paid for and not received. Then metro bank asked for proof that I had paid for this holiday. When they could clearly see I had on my account. They also wanted a copy of the receipt. Also they wanted me to chase low cost to claim money's back from them directly. So I explained to the bank that am unable to contact low cost as on their web site is a page explaining how to go about claiming your money back and you cannot contact them direct any more. Then 4 weeks after recieving all my evidence I received another letter from metro bank. Asking me to contact a Financial Bonding Agency to prove I was owed this money. So I looked it up and could not find nothing. Asked several people they did not know. So bassi lol gave up.
    Then I was advised to go to Money Mail. Which I did.
    They contacted Metro Bank with very swift replies ie. The same day.
    Metro Bank also explained to Money Mail what a Financial Bonding Agency is. Which if they had to me I would of known what to do. They also noted to Money Mail that there was a 120 day deadline to be able to claim any money's back. Which I was not aware of.
    i know of 2 other people who got their money back from their banks without having all the trouble I did. They just put in the claim and money was refunded and they paid by debit card like me.
    I have emailed Metro bank explaining this to them. And asked for copies of all corespondent between us.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X