• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclays bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclays bank

I did have an iva which has been settled for some time. We have our mortgage with barclays and a few months ago we put our mortgage payment into the account which we have done for the past 25yrs this was £1300 in total . To our shock and despair barclays took all the money from our account without informing us when i discovered this we were on the phone to them asking why it had been done as the money we payed in was for the mortgage and they could see we have always paid in the ammount each month to cover it and now they have caused us to be in arrears this account is a joint one their reply was because i had the iva they could take money from the account whenever they wanted and didnt have to tell us at the time this was done i no longer had the iva. I have looked into their terms and conditions and no where does it give any information about this it states that 28days notice will be given if there are changes to the account i do not think it is right that they can take money and not even tell you what they have done you have to discover.it yourself when you find that your mortgage has gone into arrears.
    Tags: None

Re: barclays bank

Hi Jezebel

What dreadful behaviour on the banks part. How would you feel about raising a formal complaint with the CEO and if not resolved satisfactorily referring the matter to the ombudsman service.

In the meantime i hope someone like Debt Camel with more experience of the rules where IVA's are concerned will come along with some advice.

Take heart, you will get some excellent advice on how to proceed from those in the know here. Whilst waiting for a response to your particular circs, (if you have not done so already) you could research similar experiences on site to see type of advice given and outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X