• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not serving Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not serving Particulars of Claim

Hi
    I have received a money claim online from my previous employer-long story and have already defended (and part won) their last claim. Seems they are out to be a nuisance to me. Anyway their latest claim form N1 did not have any supporting evidence with it or Particulars of Claim. As I have a limited time to send in my defence, this was done on what I can only “assume” they are claiming and I made a point in my defence highlighting this. Do they now have the opportunity to send in documents retrospectively as that seems unfair due to my defence paperwork already being submitted! It has now been 19 days since I received the Money Claim On line claim.
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Not serving Particulars of Claim

Is this claim based on the same cause of action as their first claim ? (ie. same debt/reason for the claim)

If so what exactly was the outcome of their previous claim?

Did the new claim state 'particulars of claim to follow' ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Not serving Particulars of Claim

Hi - their first claim is kind of the same as this one so to speak - I resigned under constructive dismissal as a non appointed director and clients followed me so they claimed lost profit, also some other silly things - they won 2 out of 4. This one is based on Fiduciary duties and losses. Basically they are claiming lost property, tools & equipment which I issued to staff members during my term and the staff didn't return them - bearing in mind I left 1 year ago and they are still making claims!!!They are basing this one on my fiduciary duty which I am well aware ceases upon resignation. However their claim form did not state "Particulars to follow".

- - - Updated - - -

So my question is - If they didn't include particulars of claim and haven't sent them since- can they do so now? Judges tend to use discretion and will probably allow late submission gggrrrr

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X