• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cannot make head nor tail of the N24 Form of Judgement received today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot make head nor tail of the N24 Form of Judgement received today

Hello all - although not wishing my problems on anyone else, it is nonetheless comforting to know I'm not alone!

I'm in the process of taking someone to court and it's been allocated to the fast track.
    All had gone to plan - Directions forms in and then I was asked for further info - asking for detailed Particulars of Claim complying with CPR 16.4 and PD 16.
    I asked the Court what that was and they said just more details about the case because having applied on line, I had only had a few lines and it was insufficient space.
    That was in November - today I received the dreaded N24 Form which stated the following:

"Upon the letter of xx November, 2016 not being a detailed Particulars of Claim complying with CPR 16.4 and PD 16 and therefore the Defendant not having complied with the Order of Deputy District.............................
    IT IS ORDERED THAT
    1. Claim struck out"

I'm soooooo confused - My letter was dated xx - but they say the Defendant hasn't complied - can anyone possibly shed any light on this - I can't get my head around what they're actually saying!! Is it me or the Defendant in the wrong??
    Thanks so much in advance!!!
    Maryjane
    Tags: None

Re: Cannot make head nor tail of the N24 Form of Judgement received today

From what you say you may have been ordered to file Detailed POC which you didn't do, so the Defendant couldn't respond to your Detailed POC, so the court has struck out your claim for procedural reasons not because it has/had no legal merit.

You may be in a position to apply to the court to lift the sanction but you need to post a bit more information about the case on your thread.

I assume you are a Litigant in Person? Did the Defendant have legal representation?

Di

Comment

Re: Cannot make head nor tail of the N24 Form of Judgement received today

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply!
      Yes - I am a litigant in person.
      I filed my Directive questionnaire and sent to both parties - although thinking about it, should I not have received one back from the defendant?
      Then I was asked for more details which I submitted.
      I was unsure exactly how to present it, but put plenty of additional info and also suggesting how much more I had still to use.
      That's why I'm confused as I am doing absolutely everything by the book and take advice over everything - just a bit worried now!
      I'm presuming the defendant is acting on his own.
      I have a pretty much open and shut case against him so will defo get onto the court on Monday but in the meantime I'm stressing.
      Maryjane

- - - Updated - - -

Also - they have already struck it out once as they said I hadn't paid a fee - which I had! That was sorted by phone OK so wondering if we're having the same communication problem?
      Maryjane

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X