• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property Dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Dispute

Hi
    I have a juliet balcony that runs along to the next house but has a railing between so each end is private. There are four flats in our property which is part of a victorian terrace. I live on the second floor.The balcony has been condemned and must be replaced at a cost of £6000. Only I have access to it in our house, and only the second floor house has access to it in the next door property. Our sink fund for repair with the four other leaseholders in my property can cover this expense but one of the other four leaseholders (we share freehold between the four) is refusing to permit the sink fund paying for it. There is no mention of the balcony in my lease, but myself and others see it as part of the facade of the building and therefore covered by sink fund. Building not listed.
    Any ideas please?. Simply cannot borrow money nor afford to pay for works and structural engineer has condemned balcony so must be done.
    Thanks in advance!.
    Tags: None

Re: Property Dispute

I think the the application of funds in the service charge depends on

1: the wording of the lease that describes what money is collected for
    2: The repairs that are needed

Can you post up 1 please so Beagles more knowledgeable than i can advise?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X