• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JOINT PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED but one house not completed works!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOINT PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED but one house not completed works!

We were planning a rear/side extension [terraced house] and approached our neighbours who advised they were thinking of doing the same so we made a joint planning application which was granted. The neighbours were having other works done at the same time which took precedent and then the cash ran out. So we have completed our side/rear extension but they have not completed theirs!

PP granted with conditions that work started at same time. Well we obviously have a new shared party wall replacing the garden fence on one side is our kitchen extension and the plans are that they will erect their mirror extension working from the new party wall. When we do not know - due to a change in their family circumstances.

So the questions are:

1. Joint PP granted for 3 years [expires Jan 2018] - given the other side has 'commenced' works - i.e. their half of the party wall - is this sufficient to ensure full compliance with the PP?
    2. What actually constitutes 'starting works' and if it is 'anything' does that mean the PP is still valid and won't expire?
    3. If 1 and 2 don't apply - would we have to just re-apply again for retrospective PP for the single extension?
    4. Is anyone aware of similar circumstances? The whole thing has been a nightmare so very concerned there may be further upsets in the future!

Very grateful for any advice/information.
    Tags: None

Re: JOINT PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED but one house not completed works!

If work has been started the PP stands forever!!

Near to where I live a landowner obtained PP for 20 upmarket holiday chalets.
    Having obtained full PP, (thereby increasing value of land) he wants to retain land until market picks up.
    So PP does not expire he has had it confirmed by LA that if he digs and lays foundation for one side of one chalet and then reburies it that counts as commencement and satisfies condition that works must start within the time frame.

Comment

Re: JOINT PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED but one house not completed works!

Hi des8
      Many thanks for your response. Good to know! I was concerned we would have to go through PP all over again or worse! I shall cross that off my worry list!

Happy New Year.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X