• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispute with ex employer over training fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute with ex employer over training fees

I have an issue with a previous employer in regards to paying back university fees. They have now filed a claim for the remaining value to the courts.

The issue is from the day I hand in my notice I have been trying to agree a payment plan with them for repayment but this has change multiple times.

The employer took my full and final pay cheque without notice or issuing a final pay slip

I offered £100 pcm repayment to clear the remaining debt due to having to take a loan to cover the month I was left without pay.

The employer tried to force me to sign a document to say I would pay back £250.00 pcm which I declined as was unable to afford .

They issued me with a letter stating the final value to pay was around £1500.00 , at this point they accepted a repayment of £50.00 pcm.

After this was agreed they upped the value to repay up to roughly £1800.00, I informed them of the issue and as value was in dispute no payments would start until the value was corrected to the value agreed.

After this they filed a money claim to the courts.

On Monday the 19th Dec 2016 , I informed the employer that they had 5 working days to release my full and final pay cheque before I took legal action for unlawful holdings.

I have until Christmas to provide a response to the court claim, currently I have acknowledged the claim as accepting it partly but have not provided any further details.

If you could please offer some advice , it would be greatly appreciated .

Kind regards,

John-Jo
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X