• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Commercial Loan Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Commercial Loan Scam

Like many, I have been caught up in a Legal Commercial Loan Scam, where the Introducer shows you a website offering loans from as little as 3%, decision with in hours etc., then you are passed on to the main Commercial Loan Supplier, whose paperwork does not have to show the interest rate, in my case, the Introducer told me the loan would be 4.9 and promptly took a 15% commission from the Commercial Loan Supplier. (Not known to me at the time).

The Loan was supposed to be able to be repaid within a short time, with no penalties added, but ALL the penalties were added on day one, it was a loan of last resort, for people of poor credit, and even though they were told, I planned to settle within a year, the fees and penalties made the loan hugely more expensive than I was led to believe, with all seven years interest added on, and the interest rate was several times more than I had been told by their sales rep, posing as a Financial Adviser, who was going to get me ' the best loan for my needs'. Even a costly lawsuit alleging misrepresentation failed to get me out of it, as - if there was any misrep - it was conducted by the Introducer, not the Loan Supplier. The Judge must have sympathised, because there was no order for costs against them, and they are still trying to add these costs to the ongoing loan.

The only way to stop this sort of scam is by getting the Law changed, the Loan Company should have to state the interest rate on the paperwork, and if an Introducer is getting a fat commission for selling an allegedly 'cheap' loan, they should have to declare their interest. Lots of people who have been sucked into these sort of schemes have lost their businesses and homes, as the loans are secured against them. I am sure there has to be such a large number of people with this sort of grievance, and the two companies in my case, are both worth MILLIONS!. At this stage, I am just seeing what appetite there is for making improvements that might help stamp this sort of thing out once and for all.
    Tags: None

Re: Legal Commercial Loan Scam

This is not just happening with people with less than perfect credit scores -I posted earlier about high street lenders quoting 3% on line but when the paperwork arrives the rate can be 3 times that. Unfortunately, they only have to give the advertised rate to 51% of applicants to be able to get away with what I believe is very misleading advertising. Even those with exceptional credit scores are getting stung and by the time you get the paperwork the search is recorded on your credit file which actually makes you less attractive applicant. Naturally, they do not have to explain why you cannot get the better rate.
    The 'arrangement' fees and other 'add ons' are a disgrace in this case.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Legal Commercial Loan Scam

I agree with [MENTION=31453]PAWS[/MENTION] totally the preloading of charges / penalties is in my opinion amounts to an unfair contract.
      One wonders what would the outcome would be if these loan/ contracts were properly challenged on these points via the courts.

I have in the past encouraged others to enlist the help of their MP which has had some reasonable effects.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X