• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodaphone took unauthourised money from my bank account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodaphone took unauthourised money from my bank account

I took out a contract for the ill fated Galaxy Note 7 and when the phone was recalled I terminated the contract. There should have been no termination fee. However, I have just had £717.10 taken from my bank account for the termination fee.

My Vodaphone app had informed me that the money was due to come out of my bank account on the 7th December out so I called Vodapohone’s, to get the matter resolved.

After being bounced from department to department where no one seemed to know what they were doing except passing the buck. I was told that the matter was resolved, the money would not be taken from my account.

However, on the 30th November, the Vodaphone app was still indicating that I was going to be billed for a termination fee. So I phoneed again and was bounced from person to person until I got a manger that who said he would phone me back in an hour. He didn’t. So I called Vodaphone the next day, to be bounced from person to person again, and was told again that the termination fee would not have to be paid and the money would not come out of my account.

5 days ago I noticed that the My Vodaphone app was still showing the termination fee so I phoned again and I was bounced from person to person again. The last person, the 30th person, I spoke to reassured me that the matter would be resolved and there would be no termination fee. I was called on my mobile by that person and told the termination fee had been cancelled. I have a voice recording of this call.

Yet, after all the bouncing from person to person and all of the the reassurances the termination fee for the Galaxy Note 7 contract was taken from my account on December 7th.

I have contacted the complaints department to be told that it is a Galaxy Note 7 issue and they have been told not to deal with Galaxy Note 7 issues. When I explained it was a billing issue I was told it was not.

Now that £717.10 has been taken out of my account my family’s Christmas will be affected by Vodaphone incompetence.

I want my money back. I am aware of the direct debit scheme but have been told, by Lee on the Vodaphone forum:

The Banks Direct Debit Guarantee is indeed an option but it's worth advising you that if a person takes this route and gets the money back via their Bank but Vodafone systems still think the money is owed this could lead to Vodafone pursuing these funds aggressively back via communications to you including recovery agencies in the extreme. In the very extreme defaults lasting 6 years.

I have also sent an email to Vodaphone's CEO Nick Jeffery, but after my experience with Vodaphone so far doubt he'll be helpful. What are my legal options?
    Tags: None

Re: Vodaphone took unauthourised money from my bank account

Get your money back with the DD guarantee and then be prepared to fight them.

Comment

I've seen some good results from when individuals have said to VF that they were going to contact both national press about VFs conduct and mismanagement of accounts may be useful given VFs current rather boastful advertising campaign.

nem

Comment

I'm going contact the BBC's Watchdog team as they are good at exposing issues with large nasty companies. From looking at Vodaphones forum there seems to serious issues with costumer service.

I'm changing to one of their rivals when I can. Worst customer service experience I've ever had.

Comment

Hi subala,

I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience.

In regards to getting a refund of the payment taken, making an indemnity claim via your bank is the quickest way of arranging this.

So I can access your account to make sure that the incorrect charges are removed, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure I've got it, update the thread with the number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
          I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X