• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - baby steps.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - baby steps.....

Morning all, due to unforeseen circumstances, i've had to terminate my finance with Motonovo and have sent them a letter last week, as per the templates on here. I've still not heard anything back and wondered do I wait? or do I write another letter, or call them?

Anyone had experiences with Motonovo?

cheers

PaulMc
    Last edited by paulmc18; 6th December 2016, 11:23:AM. Reason: bad spelling
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination - baby steps.....

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] - tagging in for help

Comment

Hello Paul

I would follow up with another letter or perhaps email if you can source one and enclose a further copy. Did you keep receipt for postage on your orignal letter? If so, you could explain in your letter as it was sent over a week ago, the agreement is already terminated and you will be cancelling your direct debit as a result. The second letter in any event gives further notice that the agreement is terminated.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Hello Paul

I would follow up with another letter or perhaps email if you can source one and enclose a further copy. Did you keep receipt for postage on your original letter? If so, you could explain in your letter as it was sent over a week ago, the agreement is already terminated and you will be cancelling your direct debit as a result. The second letter in any event gives further notice that the agreement is terminated.
        Thanks [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] -i'll script up an email asking whether they had receipt of the letter .I never kept a receipt of the 1st letter,the wife posted it:duh:.

In fact i'll resend a new letter, get a signed delivery, and then email as soon as I know its been signed for. Wish me luck!

Comment

If you know an email for them, then email is fine. It's not necessary to send a letter as your requirement is only to give them notice and it doesn't specify the type of notice to be given. You could even give notice to them over the telephone but it is always best to keep a papertrail.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X