• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination of HP agreement for health reasons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination of HP agreement for health reasons

Good afternoon,

I have a car on HP finance, but I have paid around 7 months of a 36 months agreement. I am currently not in any arrears, but I suspect that this will happen, given that I am now on long term sick leave pending an operation. However, I have now been awarded PIP and have ordered a motability vehicle, therefore I no longer need the car on HP. So far the finance company have been extremely accommodating, but I am obviously trying to get one step ahead, just in case they have a change of heart. I will explain in the next paragraph....
    After speaking and emailing the finance company they have accepted that I shall be surrendering my vehicle under voluntary termination. However, they have said that until they collect the car (I have asked for this to be around mid-January when my new car will be ready for collection), they are unable to provide me with details of any financial penalties. Of course, I can look at the contract and do the maths myself, but they also stated that due to the fact that I am terminating on medical grounds; not because I simply do not want the car, or have arrears, they will consider the penalty figure after the car has been collected. I am a property lawyer, therefore the lawyer in me, whilst grateful for their assistance, is a little hesitant that they may back-track once i have handed the car back and insist on a huge one-off payment, which I simply don't have. Looking on the forums here, I cannot see any other threads that may assist with this particular dilemma, and I should therefore be grateful to know if anyone else can assist please?
    Many thanks and merry Christmasmasroll:
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X