• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors Limited via Moneyclaim -Capitalone Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors Limited via Moneyclaim -Capitalone Credit Card

Hi All,

I was reading some of your posts and have come to a similar situation myself. I have recently received a letter from the county court stating that Lowell Solicitors Limited are making a claim against me for an unpaid credit card balance. I have posted the pages I have visited to get to my current stage (just incase someone else rading this post is in a similar situation). Attached is a copy of the Court Claim form I received.

I followed the 'Basic first steps....' page and have acknowledged the claim.
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim

I have also responded with the first stage of defense, requesting the consumer credit agreement. One copy was submitted online via Moneyclaim.gov and the other emailed over to enquiries@lowellgroup.co.uk Do I need to post one too?
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement

Please let me know if I am doing OK or have done something wrong or if I need to add more details. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors Limited via Moneyclaim -Capitalone Credit Card

Hi Spooks786 & welcome to LB.

I have also responded with the first stage of defense, requesting the consumer credit agreement. One copy was submitted online via Moneyclaim.gov and the other emailed over to enquiries@lowellgroup.co.uk Do I need to post one too?
    Where did this suggestion come from? (Or do you mean a CCA request?)
    Also, why submit any defence at this early stage of proceedings?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes CCA meaning Credit Consumer Act. I'm new to this myself. It said in the second stage of the :

"NB: If you have received a court claim and are sending this as part of the first steps (after acknowledgment of the claim) then it would be advisable to send a copy to the solicitors address for their information at the same time."

I'm hoping they respond with "We do not have the Credit Agreement" which will hopefully clear my case otherwise I'll have to go through the next stages from the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks786 View Post
        Yes CCA meaning Credit Consumer Act. I'm new to this myself. It said in the second stage of the :

"NB: If you have received a court claim and are sending this as part of the first steps (after acknowledgment of the claim) then it would be advisable to send a copy to the solicitors address for their information at the same time."

I'm hoping they respond with "We do not have the Credit Agreement" which will hopefully clear my case otherwise I'll have to go through the next stages from the forum.
        Ok.
        I was just clarifying that you didn't send an actual defence to the court claim to anyone.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X