• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable debt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unenforceable debt?

Credit limit
    3. Agreements for running-account credit. A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.
    Rate of interest
    4. Agreements for— A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement.
    (a) running-account credit; and
    (b) fixed-sum credit falling within the exceptions in paragraph 9(a) to (c) of Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
    Repayments
    5. Consumer credit agreements. A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following—
    (a) number of repayments;
    (b) amount of repayments;
    (c) frequency and timing of repayments;
    (d) dates of repayments;
    (e) the manner in which any of the above may be determined;
    or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.
    SCHEDULE 6
    PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(a) AND 127(3) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...chedule/6/made
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

when you took out agreement did you have all the terms attached??????? as most in the pass they arrived with a card etc

Comment

Originally posted by rt72 View Post
        Sorry my original post was not clear. What I should have made clear was that I'm trying to ask if there are any "missing terms" not stating that there definitely are "missing terms", can you or anyone else point me in the direction of how I can establish if there are "missing terms" in my agreement?
        If you check each and every paragraph /clause in the documents received you may find a note such as " Refer to your agreement for terms 1.2.3 or similar.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Credit limit
          3. Agreements for running-account credit. A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.
          Rate of interest
          4. Agreements for— A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement.
          (a) running-account credit; and
          (b) fixed-sum credit falling within the exceptions in paragraph 9(a) to (c) of Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
          Repayments
          5. Consumer credit agreements. A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following—
          (a) number of repayments;
          (b) amount of repayments;
          (c) frequency and timing of repayments;
          (d) dates of repayments;
          (e) the manner in which any of the above may be determined;
          or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.
          SCHEDULE 6
          PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(a) AND 127(3) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...chedule/6/made
          Thanks - See attached images - do they cover the prescribed items sufficiently?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            when you took out agreement did you have all the terms attached??????? as most in the pass they arrived with a card etc
            I believe that the terms came separately with the card. The CCA refers to general terms - see attached image.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - See attached images - do they cover the prescribed items sufficiently?
              That would be for a judge to decide; my opinion would be that you would probably have a hard time convincing a judge that the terms were not compliant. (Presuming of course that they were accurate)

I believe that the terms came separately with the card. The CCA refers to general terms - see attached image.
              Judge Waksman considered that to be acceptable......others (notably Bennion) disagree.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                That would be for a judge to decide; my opinion would be that you would probably have a hard time convincing a judge that the terms were not compliant. (Presuming of course that they were accurate)

Judge Waksman considered that to be acceptable......others (notably Bennion) disagree.
                OK thank you that's helpful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X