• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell claim

Hi there I am after some advise relating to a stayed ccj claim for the amount of £352 original creditor jd Williams bought by Lowell portfolio ltd and being handled by Lowell solicitors. I filed a defence after requesting documents in a statement of case under cpr31.14 and after sending a letter as a formal request under the consumer credit act 1974 requiring them to provide me with a true copy of the alleged signed agreement .After receiving none of the above information and the courts having no response to the defence within the specified time frame the claim is now stayed.I have recently received documentation from Lowell solicitors saying they have enclosed a copy of the agreement which has no dates and only a signature for someone acting on there behalf and they are also stating they are unable to provide a copy of the default notice as they are not on there system.can someone please advise me if they can apply to have the stay lifted and force a ccj with this unsigned agreement and the failure to supply me with the default notice and letter of assignment as requested. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: lowell claim

Hi rangytangy

Yes, they can apply to lift the stay.
    Imho, the real question is, will they?
    They have already parted with the cost of purchasing the debt & the claim issue fee.
    They now have to apply to have the stay lifted (which I believe is £255).
    It doesn't leave a lot in the way of profit for them (& profit is the name of their game).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Rangytangy View Post
      I have recently received documentation from Lowell solicitors saying they have enclosed a copy of the agreement which has no dates and only a signature for someone acting on there behalf and they are also stating they are unable to provide a copy of the default notice as they are not on there system.
      Can you post up a redacted copy of the agreement which Lowells have sent to you. That might be a good starting point.

They can apply to the court to lift the stay but they would also need to tell the court why they think their application should be successful.

Di

Comment

Hi there thanks for swift reply I have attached the reconstructed agreements thank again.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi rangytangy

Is that all they have sent to you?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

A covering letter was also supplied just stating the date the account was opened and the date it was passed on to lowell .Also a letter from Lowell saying the same but also stating they were unable to produce a copy of the default notice. Many thanks.

Comment

Ok

Marisota is now a trading style (brand name) of J D Williams, hence, I suspect, the JDW agreement.

Re the Marisota/Candid Collections copy, under key info, there are references to further conditions.
              Likewise in the JDW copy (look in the middle of the copy).
              If you haven't received the T&Cs indicated, the response is not compliant with your CCA request.
              (But don't tell them yet!).
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X