• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dwf and credit score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dwf and credit score

Hi everyone
    Received the 2nd letter saying:
    They assume it is an oversight from my part. And requiring the balance of 125 in the next 7dyas.
    No threats yet.
    But in all the reference in any way i pay has to include the persons name who is sending me the letter. I thought i have to quote a number with letters but its His/Her name and a number
    Anyway will keep it with the the other one.
    Thank you for all your help. Will update if anything else happens

Comment

Hi everyone
      Just a bit of an update. Received another letter. Called them and without giving any details asked about their procedure. She demanded my details which i didn't give out. Told her after having read through the Oxford case and seeking legal advice i seriously doubt that they will take it to the court and should still ignore their letters. She strongly advised i should not ignore them as they won't stop coming (so not planning court case just keep sending letters forever). Also without my details she can't give me accurate information. But their client might consider court action. She couldn't say much about how their client would take a case to court when the same situation happened in the famous case couple of years ago and that didn't have the ground for such a claim. So again she suggested that i pay in or give my details and she would bring up my file. Also that i am seeking wrong legal advice.
      Don't know whether i should write back to them with my details....
      Thank you for any advice
      Elizabeth

Comment

IGNORE the threats

Comment

Please don't write or contact them in any way.
          If they had a case they thought they would win, their clients would already have been advised to initiate court proceedings.
          Do you think they would say anything other than you were receiving bad advice.
          These people are past masters at pressurising others into paying.
          Ignore everything you receive from them.
          The only paperwork that must never be ignored in any situation is genuine court papers

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I feel much more relaxed after today's phone call. As they are a law firm i was expecting them to be able to frighten me over the phone. But I hang up with the thought that they really can't do anything.
            Thank you for your answers as well.
            Elizabeth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X