• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay purchase : Question about a Genuine Manufacturers Part

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay purchase : Question about a Genuine Manufacturers Part

Just a short question please for advice.

Recently bought a Miele Vacuum Filter from Ebay. The Ebay listing states 'Miele' and the 'Item Specifics' state 'Miele'. As such I expect the item to be a genuine Miele part and I am wondering if I am asking too much?

The item arrived in a plastic bag and on opening, it fell into two pieces, showering the floor with carbon dust so the carbon filter part is not sealed as it should be. No markings on the filter whatsoever so it is clearly a cheap counterfeit part. I have advised the seller via Ebay that it is a counterfeit and not fit for purpose. His response has been :
    hi we do not list this item to be a genuine miele filter, please return the filter to us for a full refund
    thanks

I have messaged back stating that I refuse to pay return postage as it is a counterfeit part and unfit for purpose in its poor construction. Please scan the Ebay listing and let me have your thoughts .... thank you all in advance !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miele-Cat-...oAAOSw-vlVmoEd

Tags: None

Re: Ebay purchase : Question about a Genuine Manufacturers Part

For what it cost I would not spend too much time on this.

Send it back and get your replacement.

Whilst the advert says Miele for that money it can not be a genuine one.

A quick search reveals that they should be about 20 pounds.

Comment

Here's the feeBay policy regarding counterfeit goods.

It's not just getting your money back, counterfeiting cheats not only buyers but manufacturers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Here's the feeBay policy regarding counterfeit goods.

It's not just getting your money back, counterfeiting cheats not only buyers but manufacturers as well.
        I agree Des8 .... it is very much the principle involved. I have checked EBay's policies and they very much state that the seller should pay the return postage if the item is not as described. This seller has ceased to engage with me so that probably tells you a lot about him or her.

I actually always buy genuine Miele parts for this vacuum cleaner as I have tried pattern parts in the past ( knowingly I have to say ) and they markedly reduce the machine's efficiency. I usually pay £9 ish for a genuine Miele filter and I had no reason to believe I was not buying a genuine product. The seller has stated under 'item specifics' ... brand as 'Miele', as does the whole sales pitch refer. And yet the seller is surprised that I question when it comes as a pattern part, and not a very good one, arriving in two pieces and the bag full of hazardous carbon dust.

As Des8 says, it is cheats both buyers and the genuine manufacturer. And in this instance, the seller glibly states over a thousand units sold ... that's a lot of cheating and only comes to the fore when someone makes the point. I will probably take the case up now direct with the Ebay resolution centre as that point needs to now be made.

Thanks for both responses! Just to add that this seller has 57 negative feedbacks this month, mostly for poor pattern parts. And a total of 694 negative feedbacks for the last year.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X