• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells 3 Mobile Shenanigans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells 3 Mobile Shenanigans

Hello.

I am in contact with our friends from Lowells ref an alleged mobile phone debt. I was bombarded with letters stating that they had bought the debt and that I owed more than £450. I did have a 3 mobile account, it was terminated quite properly in March 2014. Payments, were made by direct debit and there was no outstanding airtime balance or early termination fee.

I finally got tired of Lowell, so sent them a templated 'prove It'. They responded that collection activity on my Panther account had been suspended. Panther is an EE/Orange tariff. I have never had an. EE/Orange contract

Today I received the attached letter. The alleged proof, my FINAL BILL is for £76.08 twice my monthly payment. I guess that as a final bill, the last 2 months are charged as such accounts are billed in arrears. No issues with that.

On the FAQ sheet, rear of the letter it states "The original creditor has only been able to provide the enclosed statements"

I have never received notification from either 3 or Lovells regarding assignment of the alleged debt. I paid the last bill a few days late as I was working abroad, but that was never challenged. It should have gone through by direct debit, but I had changed my account details after changing jobs. I notified 3 of this and they replied that the final bill could be paid via Giro Credit. They even sent me a slip.

Now I can play games with Lowells but I don't want a sneaky CCJ. Can anyone tell me how they can A) Claim I owe better than £450 on a £76 bill? B) If by sending this copy of a bill, it can be considered that they have provided proof. C) Do I send a second 'prove it'. Many thanks

Last edited by Bungleinthejungle; 11th November 2016, 15:09:PM. Reason: Removal of personal details
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells 3 Mobile Shenanigans

Is anyone able to help with this please?

Comment

Hello, to answer your questions:

(a) I would suspect that this relates to daily interest on any arrears but it would have to be in accordance with the contract. 3 may have said that in the event of default and they terminate and a daily % rate will apply until payment received or judgment by court. If the bill is £76.08 then I would require them to itemise and break down what the charges are for and how they have calculated it. If the remainder relates to any interest of admin fees for collecting debt then you demand what rights they have to charge this and without proof it is not accepted that the full amount is owed.

(b) a letter of the final bill on its own is not proof that you owe it. If the agreement was terminated and the generated a final bill is not proof that it is still owed but simply that it was the final amount to pay. If there are no letters for demand of the bill then there's no proof and they are probably trying to wing it.

are you saying you have paid the final bill as its not quite clear to me whether you have or you haven't
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the post R0b.

Final bill paid and I have a bank counter receipt. The contract,, which lasted longer than the agreed minimum term of 2 years, was terminated on a 30 day notice basis. Accordingly, I can't understand where a termination fee would come from. Despite having notified Lowells that the debt is in dispute, they continue to badger me by latter, for payment.

Comment

Why not contact 3 about this?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X