• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS Default

Hi, I had a RBS current account with an Authorised £500 overdraft, this account had never had never had nay late payments or anything. Then suddenly in February I received a letter stating that my account will be closed and i had no appeal process. I was given 60 days.
    Upon the closing date of the account I still had some money to pay back for the authorised overdraft. I was contacted by Moorcroft group and told that they were acting on RBS's behalf and that i can make a repayment plan to pay the overdraft and my credit file would not be affected if i kept the payments up. Upon agreeing tot his I have now found out that RBS have registered a default on my account. Is this correct as originally it was an authorised overdraft then they close my account suddenly and then pass my details over to Moorcroft who explicitly state that if i keep the repayments up that my credit file will not be effected. What can i do about this?
    Tags: None

Re: RBS Default

Good evening, welcome to LB.
    Did you pay anything off the balance to Moorcroft?
    Creditors will often default an account if a payment plan is arranged with a 3rd party collector.
    I don't know for sure that Moocroft might not have had authority to make such an arrangement.

Was this payment plan put in writing ?

nem

Comment

What reason have they given you for the account closure?
      Creditors wont normally close an account suddenly like that without any warning unless there is a breach of the terms & conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoc1 View Post
        Creditors wont normally close an account suddenly like that without any warning unless there is a breach of the terms & conditions.
        RBS's like to do this when the consider some transactions are " doubtful" e.g. money laundering. No explanation given. Some have said it's a way of getting rid of " non productive " accounts.

nem

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Stoc1 View Post
          Aside from the reason for the original closure,,, you should make a formal complaint with Moorcroft on the basis that they have provided you with incorrect information at best mislead you at worst. They should listen to the call and respond formally to your complaint in writing.

You should also make a complaint with RBS about Moorcroft (RBS's representative) stating that they have mislead you and had you been aware that a default would have been registered against you if the debt was not been paid off with 6 month you would have made efforts to ensure that it was paid.

Finally,, if it turns out that the call points in your favour go to the FCA to complain.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            RBS's like to do this when the consider some transactions are " doubtful" e.g. money laundering. No explanation given. Some have said it's a way of getting rid of " non productive " accounts.

nem

nem
            If that is the approach then it good enough,,, debtors have the right to question this,,, "Treating Customers Fairly" is high on the FCA's agenda,,, question what the exact reasons are,,, become familiar with the T's & C's of your account and hold them to account inline with these rules. If there is no clear, transparent reason then go to the FCA. Since they became the FCA from FSA,, they have grown very sharp teeth and their mandate is to not be afraid to use them.

Comment

[MENTION=93965]Stoc1[/MENTION]

From what I've been led to believe, the FCA don't handle individual complaints.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                @Stoc1

If the complaint refers to an organisation wide approach to they way deal with their customers they will take an interest but I take your point,, it may be better to approach the FOS too.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  @Stoc1

The FCA takes a similar stance to that of the late OFC one can send details of the actions of a regulated company/individual and the information will be logged and reviewed if the " reports " reach a level that brings concern then the regulator may ( and has ) take action.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X